Happy Thoughts

My son’s homeroom teacher sends all the emails to my husband primarily. Most teachers assume I’m the default parent, and when we let them know that Mr. NA should be the primary contact, they usually start to email both of us. This is the first teacher who really sees him as the default.

Of course my husband usually ends up forwarding them to me, but today there were two emails that I only found out about after work.

2 Likes

7 Likes

My brother just texted me, said some idiot just banged a canoe off his trailer and busted a light.

When he says some idiot, he means he did it lol.

5 Likes

Just got a check for $526. And it’s legit, too! Unless someone is really leaning hard into spoofing the FTC and scamming several legit news outlets via fake press releases just to eventually get me to cash a fake check then get me to reimburse them when they need to reissue a valid check later and thereby scam me out of money.

band nerds are excited for that shit. I suspect any time some site and there are schools very far away that some relatively local school band starts prepping for this stand-in opp.

we leave the above ground pool up all winter.

with the spring thaw, yesterday we had a mated pair of ducks just chilling in it. so cute! based on prior years, they will come back for a few days before eventually finding a more permanent real body of water.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 9.25.53 AM

2 Likes

Got a pot of chili simmering on the stove. Gonna give it a few hours. It’s cold, windy and rainy out, so it’ll make a nice supper!!! :yum:

3 Likes

My BIL’s mom was a pilot. I would have loved to know her.

1 Like

Just committed to a new truck, hopefully pick up on Saturday. Noice. Always a good feeling getting a new vehicle.Which is stupid, because it’s just a truck. But, there you go, it happens.

4 Likes

I’m giving my old truck to my brother in law, he’s super excited. The truck is end of line for me, I don’t trust it anymore. For him, it’s 5 years newer than anything else he owns. Which, is quite a few trucks. Sometimes my sister yells at him to move some of the ‘inventory’ from the parking area to back behind the barn lol.

1 Like

What kind of truck are you buying?

Dodge ram, hemi. Same as the last two lol.
I haven’t even seen a picture of the truck, never mind driven it. I’ve got a cool sales rep about 4.5 hour drive away, I just gave them a call and said ‘what do you have’. Found one I liked, they told me it’ll be ready for pickup on Saturday. But a ram hemi is a ram hemi, most of the differences are just in options, not the truck itself.

1 Like

ended the week. and i came back monday after 8 days OOO and made a list of 20+ things that piled up while I was gone. just sent off the last item and i feel caught up.

here’s to monday and realizing i missed like 5 things! (ideally, all internal related)

2 Likes

the ducks are still around. last night, they exited and landed on our roof and walked across our skylight. my kid actually was in the room and recorded it.

1 Like

My son tried to tell me that one divided by zero is zero and that both his older brother and dad told him this. I was in a huff about this and went to fight his dad over it. Turns out he was just pranking me and knows that it’s undefined.

11 Likes

Returning the favor over the screwed up birthdate joke?

4 Likes

I hope so, maybe I can stop feeling so bad about it!

2 Likes

This is an area that the US (NYC) does much better than the UK (London).

Breaking the Ramadan Fast With Some of Brooklyn’s Newest Arrivals https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/29/nyregion/ramadan-bed-stuy-african-migrants-brooklyn.html?unlocked_article_code=1.iU0.Gla3.XhMM_XfXFHGz

Total score today. I was headed to the auto store to get a saddle for my floor jack. It got stuck under my truck last fall when I was changing tires, drive off without noticing, and lost.

Stopped at a neighbours house on the way, to yack, he reaches over and hands me a saddle he was going to throw out.

What are the chances of that.

3 Likes