Happy Thoughts

@JFG I stopped by the English bakery and got a couple of those oh-so-good, fudgy, soft, chewy, non-crunchy-edged brownies. So goooooooood!!! :yum:

2 Likes

Turkey’s done!!! I put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin a bit. Gonna let it rest a solid 30 minutes, then make gravy with the stock!!! :yum: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Tomorrow is the Family Day holiday: gonna make a pot of beef stock!!! :yum:

2 Likes

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but The Princess Bride is starting on the Cartoon Network in 1 minute

6 Likes

[uppity] yes, but then you would have to watch … commercials. I have the DVD. [/uppity]

Sign-ups for this year’s Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament are now underway!!! :party:

2 Likes

In September filled out the state form for possible Unclaimed funds
Sent in all the paperwork immediately
Was approved on February 15th (that part is annoying)
Wasn’t sent an e-mail (that also is annoying), had to check the website
Get a letter from a third party - after the approval - looking for more paperwork - realized it was a scam( even more annoying)
Had no idea how much it was for (slightly annoying)

Just got a check for $530 – now I am happy

On TV, they seem to be able to tell people immediately - and odds are they don’t have the paperwork

2 Likes

I have this rainbow themed quilt top I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I had a vision for it when I first started it, but now I’m no longer inspired by that vision. So I have it packed away.

Well, today a new inspiration came to me. I’m going to try a bargello. This is an example of a bargello I like, might try something similar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/quilting/s/wTbRZF7W8A

I already have all the strips sewed together, just need to slice them up perpendicular, so the strips are composed of rectangles, arrange and piece back together.

3 Likes

That looks pretty cool. Looking forward to your version

1 Like

Don’t feel like cooking tonight: gonna get takeout!!!

2 Likes

Put some really dusty, gunky light fixtures in the dishwasher and now they are beautifully clean.

5 Likes

dishwasher is good for cleaning lots of stuff

hats
toothbrush holder
combs

1 Like

It’s not even 8am and I’ve already found something that’s going to kick off [lots of] discussions elsewhere and reinforce our longstanding argument that no, we cannot just call this complete and move on.

2 Likes

Widow donates £1bn to medical school so that students get free tuition going forward.

Amazing story. Free gift link from NYT below

$1 Billion Donation Will Provide Free Tuition at a Bronx Medical School https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/26/nyregion/albert-einstein-college-medicine-bronx-donation.html?unlocked_article_code=1.YU0.oTZL.MhsR6ePY6Bv3&smid=nytcore-android-share

5 Likes

Domino’s has half price pizza until March 3!!! Might indulge on the weekend!!! :yum:

1 Like

it could be free, i wouldn’t go out of my way

1 Like

Aaaaand I covered costs this month in my little startup. Made enough sales to cover marketing costs and operating costs. Probably not immediately repeatable because I had two big sales, but it tell you what, it’s nice not paying salaries out of.my retirement savings for once.

10 Likes

YE bonus has hit the account. Where’s the kickstarter campaign?

4 Likes

In non-Leap years, I work 2-3 days less in February for the same pay as in other months.

In Leap Year, I still work 1-2 days less than other months for the same pay. :slight_smile:

(Those paid biweekly get the same pay on a monthly date that’s one day earlier thereafter.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that 75% of the time, I get paid for Feb 29th even though it’s not even on my calendar.