Happy Thoughts

I want a signed first edition!!!

That’s so cool. Congrats.

2 Likes

thanks! thought I’ll say less “insanity” and more perseverance. This story has been rejected 11 times already. In the past 3 calendar years (2020-2022) I’ve made 143 fiction submissions of 22 different stories. In that time, this is only the 3rd acceptance. Which is pretty par for the course. It often feels like a lottery. But this, at least, is one I’m willing to invest my time in.

I’ll see what I can do!

If you want a signed first edition of my already-published volume of short stories (Predatory Behavior and Other Stories) send me a DM with an address. If you just want the book, feel free to order directly.

2 Likes

full video at this link:

I submitted plans and permit applications for a bath remodel. I have no idea what I’m doing here, just gave it the old college try.

Today I got a response. I submitted a schematic of the bathroom, and a separate one that also includes the bedroom, since expanding the bathroom impacts the bedroom.

Anywho, I didn’t bother to include the existing windows so as far as the city can see, it’s a death trap with no emergency egress. So they asked me to show them that I could escape the bedroom in case of fire. That was the only thing I need to correct. Not bad!

5 Likes

It made the national nightly news with David Muir tonight.

1 Like

At first I thought you were talking about mathman’s bathroom remodel. Slow news day I guess.

3 Likes

It is a really nice bath remodel!

1 Like

My neighbour brought us some tomatos from her garden!!!

1 Like

cross-post to 'Insignificant signals" thread?

She’s not a drunk volleyball mom. :wink:

1. That was in the ‘Significant’ thread
  2. She wasn’t a ‘volleyball mom.’ It was after volleyball and she was a patron at the bar.
1 Like

Ordered for an upcoming long weekend.

1 Like

1 Like

Got to my Dr’s appointment 15 minutes early. They called me back to the exam room almost immediately. The doctor came in within 5 minutes, and I was checked out including making a follow up appointment about 10 minutes after my initial appointment time start. Never had such speedy service at a medical provider before.

5 Likes

Fresh corn from the farmers market cooked and topped with butter and salt!! So gooooooood!!! :yum:

2 Likes

Heard a song yesterday while eating dinner:

Be double-E, double-R, U, N
BEER RUN!