Gun Violence in America

You mean since he founded the NRA right?

2 Likes

Heā€™s an icon, heā€™s a legend, he is the moment

To Bill Brasky!

2 Likes

Time for thoughts and prayers.

Letā€™s do really big ones this time so this crap will finally be fixed

1 Like

Iā€™ve read stories that for at least 2 this is their 2nd school shooting. One Sandy Hook kid is at MSU and one kid from a HS shooting last year is also at MSU.

At what point will we have a kid survive an elementary school, middle school, high school, and college shooting?

1 Like

probably happens a lot in black neighborhoods

I had ā€œgun incidentsā€ in elementary school, junior high, and high school. No deaths, but two injuries.

Donā€™t remember one in college, although there probably was one for my first semester (same city as where I attended grades 1-12).

Thereā€™s a reason my junior high had metal detectors.

I guess I should clarify ā€œmass shootingā€ with multiple fatalities.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget daycare / Pre-K. :cry:

Seems like going after the supply side is not working.

Can anything be done about the demand side?

The demand side is why we canā€™t fix the supply side.

Who has gone after the supply side with any real effort. And what supply side limits will will get past the Supreme Court of the National Rifle Association?

1 Like

Maybe I should have used red font. Or linked it to the RIP thread where MilkBoy made the original comment.

Anyway, apparently only killed 4.

Why is this even news?! Pffff.

1 Like

The question still stands - where has there been a real attempt at going after the supply side.

I guess there have been some attempts - in every other developed country. We could maybe see how things are going thereā€¦

1 Like

Maybe we need to declare a War on Guns since the War on Drugs has been such a raging success.

1 Like

To be fairā€¦you can use that logic for any banā€¦so just not have laws at all? Thereā€™s gotta be more criteria than that.

Didnā€™t see that thread. I agree, if we could make people less into guns that would be awesome, but unlikely.

2 Likes

If we could make criminals less into guns that would be even more awesomer, probably even the most awesomest! (but even more unlikely)