GOP vs Disney

Just curious: 61% approving of a single sentence in the Florida law is apparently a large majority approving the Florida law. How many anti-gay bigots are there and how many anti-trans bigots are there, and are being anti-gay bigots or anti-trans bigots and being supporters of the Florida law independent?

That doesn’t seem like great timing.

It will be interesting to see the guidance.

Here’s a more thorough poll, in case anyone’s interested.

Please, Go ahead and post the link to your poll.

That’s not what the article even says. Surely you are cynical enough to wonder why the headline says “support the language” and not “support the law”? It’s because they didn’t ask about the law. They asked about a single sentence plucked from the law.

Why yes, I’m in favor of age-appropriate instruction, too. Honestly, I’m shocked that so many people objected to that one sentence. Probably because the restriction on k-3 is a little too absolute.

1 Like

(or maybe it was two sentences. I tend to think in run-on sentences.)

1 Like

I’d be curious to see the “damages” resulting from education, lol. Being mad about something isn’t damages.

It’s about covering attorney fees.
The need to give the lawyers a way to keep collecting $ now that the property insurance market is failing.

1 Like

Says that a judge can award damages AND attorney fees/court costs.

But what % of them are deplorable? And what % pay income tax?

Maybe instead of name calling, just accept that some % of people are biased when it comes to any law, and that the goal of democracy is for the large middle to decide most of this stuff.

Anyway, it’s very clearly a contentious law.

And I think the desire to pass contentious laws is a symptom of the Age.

And maybe also Desantis’ desire to win the 2023 Primary.

1 Like

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.29.51 AM

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.58.15 AM

2 Likes