GoA Recipe Book

:popcorn: :robot:

4 Likes

I’d like a recipe for your popcorn

It’s riveting.

2 Likes

There’s probably a kernel of truth to that.

Don’t go buttering him up…

1 Like

Hey, at least they provided something useful even if it was only a copy pasta

Run your copy pasta under cold water to stop the spam posting process.

I’m curious what the inevitable link will be.

You only want to serve this over the highest quality egg noodles made with loving care. The only product I like is…

Looks like the only link is to 30 minute meals

From the chatgpt…

I didn’t have a lemon on hand, so I just added some TrueLemon packets.

Per the numbers guy request, I played a bit with this recipe:

The general concept is roasting chicken on top of potatoes, which is a solid foundation. I did my first attempt mostly as written. I did not like a few things and recommend modifications. Things I didn’t like:
temperature is too low to get the skin crispy
too few potatoes relative to chicken
not enough flavor
too greasy
I don’t care for garlic paste/prepared garlic. The citric acid tang is off putting, and it’s easy enough to mince garlic.
Text calls for a little olive oil, but it’s missing from the instructions.
Smoked paprika in addition to the blackening spice was too much of the same note

I eyeballed this tonight rather than making specific measurements. If anyone wants to test it, feedback is appreciated. What I did:
Increased temperature, decreased cook time
Doubled potatoes
Tripled blackening spice
Cut mayo in half
no added oil
Added dijon
Used minced garlic in bigger quantity
Substitute regular paprika for smoked paprika

My modified instructions follow.
Make a paste of the following items in a big bowl
1 teaspoon salt
2.5 teaspoons blackening seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
3-4 cloves minced garlic. Hard to do too much. I’d guess 1 tablespoon this time
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup dijon

Cut 1 pound of yukon gold or similar taters into relatively uniform sizes. I cut the smaller ones into 4ths, and bigger ones into 6ths
Toss taters and 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs in the paste in the big bowl until coated
Arrange the taters in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, and place the thighs on top
Sprinkle tops of thighs with another 1/2 teaspoon of blackening spice

Preheat oven to 425
Bake for 40-45 minutes, then pull to test. Taste a potato, and check temp of chicken. Probably needs to go a full hour.

After it’s done, zest one lemon and sprinkle zest over chicken. Top with some minced parsley. serves 4.

I’ll continue to experiment with the format/flavors/proportions. I made the blackening seasoning from another recipe that I can find if you are interested.

ETA: I used reduced fat mayo both times because it’s what was on hand. Either way, recipe was too greasy as written even with that modification

1 Like

I need a spot to jot down my simple Avgolemono soup for posterity.

4 cups broth
Sprinkle of dried minced onion
Dash of olive oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice (8-10 packets true lemon with 1/4 cup water)
Chicken
Rice or orzo if you’re into that

Boil the broth, minced onion, and olive oil. Blend eggs and lemon juice and some of the hot broth, blend into the pot of broth slowly (I use a hand mixer for this), add chicken, let simmer with rice/orzo until cooked.

Salt and pepper to taste.

2 Likes

I made carne asada tacos the other day. Recipe was good overall, but the outstanding part was the tomatillo salsa. Here is that recipe:

3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
1 small white onion, halved
2 serrano chiles, stems removed
10 oz. tomatillos (about 3 large), husks removed, rinsed
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1.5 limes)
2½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1½ tsp. Morton kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 cup (packed) coarsely chopped cilantro

Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Grill onion halves, chiles, and tomatillos, turning often, until charred and tender, 10–15 minutes for onion and tomatillos, 8–12 minutes for chiles.

Transfer vegetables to a blender and add garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, 1 cup cilantro, and 3 Tbsp. oil. Carefully blend until salsa is mostly smooth (some texture is good but make sure there are no large chunks).

1 Like

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, here’s a reminder that this cranberry sauce is fantastic

2 Likes

Tomatillo salsa and guacamole salsa are both criminally underrated, at least in my neck of the woods. There is one joint in town with what they call ‘creamy green salsa’ that’s got avocado in it and is about 7.5/10 spicy and it’s amazing.

1 Like

I don’t know why I put a reminder for myself on my calendar for Oct 13 2023 pointing to this recipe, but I did.

I liked it, but didn’t love it. The chicken ended up nice & tender. The peanut butter was kind of not-fitting in to my palette. I bought a bag of spinach but forgot to use it at all. That’s probably where I went wrong. If someone magically made it again, I’d eat it & like it again, but that someone is going to be me because wife has an incredible aversion to the slow cooker, so it probably won’t happen.

In the end, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the adventure & exposure to something new.

All I have is a video for it which is a little painful to watch. I’ll put the link below.

This is what I get from it.

1 8oz package cream cheese, whipped cream cheese makes it easier otherwise soften it.
4 cans green beans, drained
1 package Lipton Onion soup mix
1 3oz bag Oscar Mayer Bacon Bits
French’s Fried Onions
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
1 stick butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a casserole dish dump drained green beans. Add cream cheese, soup mix and bacon bits and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined (this is where the whipped cream cheese makes it easier to combine). Top with a couple handfuls of fried onions. Crush crackers and add melted butter to crushed crackers and cover casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.

https://fb.watch/orIsdhL2u0/

1 Like

I made a horseradish cranberry sauce several years back, the last time I hosted thanksgiving, so I think 2019. It was great! But my family hates anything with flavor, so I was the only one who enjoyed it, hah. Not sure if I made it on your recommendation or someone else’s.

It was probably me. I am a big fan of this recipe.

1 Like