Fuck COVID

Not much more to add but sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I’m kinda wrapped in my own misery right now, but yes, that must be awful for him. And he’s a very physical, in-person kind of person.

It was weird last night talking about memorial events. One brother said, “can’t we sit shiva right here” and the other is like, “what the hell are you talking about, we shouldn’t so anything in person with anyone, until this is over”. There was talk about whether it would be safe in the spring, and the one brother really wants to hug people NOW and the other thinks we should still be in hiding for a couple of years.

Family dynamics are always fun.

2 Likes

fortunately they only come up the biggest in major life events, when everyone is feeling most relaxed…

\red

1 Like

On some platforms, people use block quotes for quotations, and quotation marks the way we used to use red font. I just learned that today

It’s astonishing how quickly dementia can accelerate. My grandfather passed a few years ago after he had a small fall down 2 steps, then his dementia just accelerated suddenly. One day he was fine/managing. The next he couldn’t speak coherently. The next he was bedridden and hospitalized. Less than two weeks later he was gone. All from a small fall where he didn’t even hit his head.

I appreciate the comments regarding the onset of dementia. This may explain the mental deterioration I have seen and heard from others (elderly) after falls.

My condolences to you and your family, Lucy.

1 Like

:bighug: Lucy

1 Like

Lucy,so sorry. I missed this thread for the last few days. May her memory be a blessing. I am also truly amazed at the wonderful people in these hospitals, when things are hardest and we are most in need.

1 Like

I just learned my dad has Covid :cry:. Mom is negative but developing symptoms, so will pbly test positive too.

My dad is a mason. When a mason dies, there are certain rituals including recitations that are done at the funeral. My dad is the only one in his lodge (and in the area) who can perform the recitations properly. So he’s often asked to do so. He did one a few days ago and that’s where he thinks he picked it up. :cry:

6 Likes

how is your dad doing? what are his symptoms? he will hopefully get through this fine

is he vaxxed and boosted? That seems to lead to faster recoveries with people who don’t have major underlying conditions.

Best wishes.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking. I hope to get more info today. My mom had avoided telling us bc she didn’t want us to worry. :roll_eyes: They are vaxxed, boosted and otherwise in reasonably good health, so I’m hopeful they will both be ok. But it’s been a worry of mine all along. :cry:

1 Like

Yeah worry of mine too, but my mother got the best variant to recover (and did) and sounds like your parents did too, so hopefully it will be okay.

Now I’m worried my father will get omicron since his covid classic from almost 2 years ago won’t protect him. So far he hasn’t gotten it. He isn’t as feisty as my mother. He did get through covid once though.

1 Like

Mom tested positive as expected. They are both doing ok. I am so glad they got their boosters.

11 Likes

FLICK COVID! I just tested positive. Feel like dump. Sorry @Bro

5 Likes

Sorry T-Roy.

I am waiting on PCR results after feeling awful yesterday and a known exposure Thursday, but woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday so maybe (hopefully) it’s something else.

1 Like

Oh man. I can sit and work for like 15 minutes before I get really lathargic. Crap!

1 Like

Take the day off and get some rest. The person I was exposed to and I both felt a lot better after about 30 hours. Hopefully you will too.

1 Like

Paxlovid?

1 Like