FreeDumb Convoy

Before COVID there were protests by natives on train tracks shutting down trade in Canada. Those stopped with COVID.

So I guess this round of bullshit will stop with the next massive disease.

lol

1 Like

Can’t see the truckers disrupting Super Bowl traffic as that would bring a swift sharp action by authorities. Disruption of Biden’s speech makes more sense as Biden Administration introduced the cross-border vaccination mandate.

Disruption of 911 services is not the behavior of legitimate protestors. It is a tactic used to disrupt/overthrow government.

1 Like

2 Likes

Aside: Ain’t it great how there is always dark money funding and well trained ex-intelligence/military leaders coordinating protests that have alt-right participants.

4 Likes

If I were going to the Super Bowl (actually fleeing in the other direction), I’d probably plan to be there at 8AM, sleep for a bit, read for a bit, drink for a bit, BBQ a bit, maybe patronize some of the businesses impacted negatively by the monstrosity in the neighborhood.
I don’t think tailgate parties are allowed at this place, though. The fans’ money (and the taking away of, therein) is more important than the fans’ happiness.

Seems like this is a good opportunity to suspend the operating licenses of some companies. Also seems like a good opportunity to offer other interested companies the chance to set up as a towing company, with fees and such suspended for say 5 years, for their assistance in removing vehicles. [Naturally, the offer is not good for any individual or company that owns an existing towing company that has expressed its unwillingness to cooperate, nor any individual or company that owns a vehicle involved in the current logjam or who drove the vehicle to the logjam.] Hell, offer incentives if all vehicles are cleared in say 3 days, 7 days, 10 days, 14 days.

You recoup that money by imposing (fairly punitive) storage fees on vehicles removed, along with imposing the max fines on drivers and vehicles alike for obstructing traffic and illegally parking.

This surely isn’t difficult.

I find it silly that they can’t get a company to do the tows. You only need one dude with a semi level tow truck. you only need to tow a few a day for the rest to start feeling the heat.

I only support the tow option for those cases that are doing something illegal and would require a tow if not during a protest. You can protest on foot you should not be allowed to protest in your vehicle.

I remain more concerned by the border closures, focus the towing efforts there imo.

There is literally no way these idiots are overthrowing the government directly, Canadians wouldn’t accept it.

They’re hoping to goad the liberals into doing something draconian enough to increase the legitimacy of the protestors. It’s a long waiting game of who gets bored and angry first.

The heavy tow operators’ reluctance appears to be some combination of sympathy for the drivers, concern of being excluded from future business with them, and concerns about their safety and repercussions given potential hostility from the protesters.

Presumably, parking in such a way as to obstruct a street for days is a towable offense when it’s not “speech”. And even protests are generally constrained in the extent to which they can block traffic without running afoul of the law.

Canadia has a military?

1 Like

I heard all the Ottawa towing companies are saying they are unavailable due to covid, like their prime minister did.

2 Likes

Police in Windsor have admitted reluctance to confront the truckers because of fear of violence.

Reinforce them, and if they still refuse, fire them all and take away thier gluttonous pensions.

1 Like

This is a frustrating situation. As an old liberal, I never thought I would be urging stronger police reaction to a demonstration but I am. This situation is the most ridiculous abuse of the right to protest I have ever seen in Canada.

2 Likes

I’m under the impression that many (most?) of the drivers protesting are owner-operators.

If the police are reluctant go in due to the fear of violence, they ought to send in the trained geese.

1 Like

Our (local American) police show no reluctance at all in confronting some protesters.
Not all of them, though.

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

:laughing: I’m sure they could borrow some of ours :us: