FreeDumb Convoy

Over on Reddit, I saw folks suggesting it was time to go to Ottawa carrying signs like “Honk for Herpes” or “Honk if you have a micropeen”.

1 Like

In America, some people would call this “legitimate political discourse.”

lol Honk for Biden!

Click on the mobile twitter icon. Some of the comments are entertaining.

3 Likes

My BIL had a couple of his albums. I think I had an 8-track tape of one or 2 of his albums.

My grandpa’s motor home only had an 8-track player and that was the only tape he had in there that was any good.

We did eventually get an adapter that let us play cassettes.

1 Like

What I know about C.W. McCall:

1. That’s not his real name. [Couldn’t remember it, had to look it up: it’s William Fries Jr.]
  2. He had a song called “Convoy” that was a smash hit during the heart of the C.B. era, and a few other semi-hit songs on the country chart.
  3. Someone made a movie about the song, and it’s pretty crappy.
  4. He’s still alive. [Which I didn’t know until I looked up his real name; I thought he’d died years ago.]

That’s surprising

A bit tamer than smashing their trucks, proposal to take away their vehicle registration and licenses

I’ve read that they can’t actually do that. I dunno, I read it on the internet.

But…I’ve also read that there’s maybe some insurance repercussions, like some insurers are looking at people who attended - you can’t use your 18 wheeler in illegal activities and expect to have insurance coverage. THAT’d be something - getting their insurance revoked or premiums increased substantially.And I think insurers should be concerned. The situation in Ottawa isn’t that far from actual potential of property being damaged, trucks set ablace, etc. It’s not happening, but it’s not outside the realm of reasonably possible. Who’s paying for that? Not any smart insurer.

I also saw a vid of one of the antivaxxers get their pickup truck blocked in (for horns I think) and they tried to bail - in the process tapping a cop car with their truck. That’s going to be a fun conversation with insurance I bet.

If they’re not going to move, another option would be to just dump a bunch of snow on them. Have fun protesting on foot guys.

Government can do anything, worst case is it’s eventually overturned in court. The threat of losing their license may be enough to get some of them to leave.

Long time mayor of the city of Ouray, CO.

9 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Website shows which company logos are in trucks in protest

Apparently 25 % of the trucks have kids in them. So, not in school for weeks on end.
They’re treating this like a vacation.

1 Like

I don’t think taking the kids on a tour of Parliament Hill is an option. :roll_eyes:

Possible that the Ottawa-based convoy will try to relocate to Toronto. Can’t imagine the Toronto police letting them get established there given what has hopefully been learned from the Ottawa occupation.

1 Like