Free aofan-nonfan!

yup, i know cause the mods on this site are public and you’re not listed.

I think what happened here is that the site was set up really quickly, and that’s the default. I became a mod back when they initially set up the site because they wanted to test how something worked, and i agreed to help test it, for instance. And then when they turned it back on i was still a mod.

yeah, but they added several new mods since then and also public.

Partly that. partly somewhat deliberate. Serena and I discussed this, I suggested that everywhere else I participate, mods don’t have seperate mod ID’s and it works fine. I assume Serena just went with that.

Some things we’ll do similiar to the AO because it’s comfortable for everyone. Some things we won’t default to just because it was done that way on the AO.

1 Like

Good to hear. I really prefer public moderation.

1 Like

The Dr T non fan ID was different because id was created as part of a crusade to split up the exam fora, and everyone knew it wasn’t personal. (Also, he was right about splitting up the fora, as even Dr.T came to agree.)

Quick note: I am usually right on every thing regarding discussion forum format. And this one is pretty crappy.
Dr T and I are friends now (I hope). I mean, she did prevent me from choking on my own vomit. (Or was it someone else’s vomit. You can’t dust for vomit.)

lol we have that in common! she brought me something to throw up in and thankfully i didn’t destroy her couch with my vomit as a result. then everyone left and her dog took pity on me dying on the couch and just sat on me looking at me or something. it was a little spooky and cute at the same time.

Were you drunk or sick?

Why not both? :man_shrugging:t4:

sick from too much drinking.

people shouldn’t let me mix my own drinks.

Too bad I wasn’t there to steal your drink

True, either that or it’s not an option on the software. I think y’all mostly knew who the numbered mods were on AO though.

I do remember a humorous incident though involving mod identities. One of the numbered mods who almost never ventured into the Political Mods forum did weigh in on one particular thing in the Political Mods forum under their regular ID - let’s call it “Jeff” (not the mod’s real life name / AO handle / or possibly not even the right gender), thus confirming to the Political mods in no uncertain terms that Jeff was in fact a full mod. I was already like 99.99% sure that Jeff was a mod and was like 95% sure that it had even been openly discussed on an open forum, so it was no big deal for me to learn this information.

About 3 months later or so, we were discussing whatever event Jeff had weighed in on in the Political mods forum as it related to a then-current issue. And we disagreed on how to proceed. And I remembered that Jeff had taken the same position that I was taking and so I pointed this out. And one of the numbered mods was like “What??? Jeff isn’t even a mod!!!” I was like “c’mon now, of course Jeff is a mod” and I was forced to find Jeff’s post on the matter… which wasn’t difficult because Jeff almost never ventured into the Political Mods forum. But it was more than a little silly to lie to me about Jeff being a mod when he absolutely was AND had already willingly outed himself, which the full mod had obviously forgotten. Ah my, good times.

yep, knew them all other than one who is listed as a mod on here and i didn’t know that she was a mod on there. they would sometimes accidentally post as their mains instead of their mod id’s in a moderator fashion or vice versa, and I’d see it.

Since we know who the mods are on here, I’m curious who is a mod on here that you didn’t know was a mod on AO?

snoo

Of course it’s an option. Just give people more than one ID, and give moderator status to one of the IDs. Then set up a private group for the mod IDs and their normal alts.

I wasn’t sure if alts were allowed. I haven’t tried to create one.

they are. it was said elsewhere. i haven’t been motivated to create one yet.

:+1:

I have two ids here. I don’t really consider the other one an alt.
As far as mods are concerned I prefer public moderation as it is more transparent but I’m cool with how ever you moderate.