Filing question

Paid what? Just use a nail clipper.

I donā€™t WANT to, but someone has to do it, and not everyone is in a position to.

Also, yeah, itā€™s generally pretty easy. Our lawyers handle the complicated stuff.

1 Like

Nobody has to do it, just clip but donā€™t file.

$$. I just said it

you file after you clip. what in the hetero cis male

thatā€™s really strange. 2022 isnā€™t over yet. there is still time to get CE credits. I donā€™t bother certifying that Iā€™m compliant until the new year.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure reason and logic play a role here.

2 Likes

I just reviewed my CEs for this year and attested for 2023 yesterday

also, confused what this compliant thing even is. i attend basically every webinar my company offers, but does the society actually check to confirm that youā€™re really compliant when you say you are?

gotta renew EA next year. never did that before. Iā€™m assuming that requires proof and will be annoying as everything involving getting EA was annoying and tedious.

Yes, you can get audited and have to provide documentation that you met the CE requirements you claimed you did.

EA doesnā€™t require proof, IIRC (I havenā€™t gone through the process since 2017), but thereā€™s also the possibility of audit and that one is way worse, given the strict requirements on CE.

seems this compliant stuff is a money making scheme. sign up for our webinars! SIGN UP!

So i thought one attested in late 2021/early 2022 to affirm qualification to do work in 2022. I have attested for a number of years now so I havenā€™t paid close attention. If that is the case, and you attested last year, that is the response to the department.

2 Likes

not unlike any other credentials. Doctors, dentists, etc. all have to complete their CE every year and go to conventions. I think.

Ah, well then that makes sense that your attestation wouldnā€™t be listed if itā€™s not something you actually do. Apparently Iā€™ve forgotten who I attest to. Maybe I should brush up on that process and claim some professionalism hours for doing so.

I only attest to the SOA.

Not sure if it was SOA or AAA but a coworker was randomly audited for compliance. Said coworker tracks CE hours on a spreadsheet and emailed the spreadsheet back and passed the audit.

So yeah, they can and do check.

For EA, you have to apply for and get a certificate that you attended a webinar for CE credit and the person from your company hosting the webinar on teams or whatever has to also confirm you actually attended the webinar. for ASA, you donā€™t. so, not sure how a spreadsheet is proof.

For CAS a spreadsheet suffices. For an audit they probably check the attendeeā€™s list to see if you actually attended the webinars/seminars you claim you did.

yes. just wondering how a spreadsheet is proof of anything.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s ā€œproofā€ā€¦ itā€™s documentation. Evidence. I donā€™t think proof is required.

1 Like