Favorite YouTube videos

Can’t be bothered to watch the video, but there’s nothing about that fact that requires twin primes? It’s true of any numbers (n, n+2) where neither is divisible by 3?

In that case n must be of the form n = 3k+2. Any remainder other than 2 mod 3 means one of the two numbers is divisible by 3 – if n mod 3 = 0 then n is divisible by 3, and if n mod 3 = 1 then n+2 is divisible by 3. So n (n+2) = (3k + 2) (3k + 4) = 9k^2 + 18k + 8, which means n (n+2) has a remainder of 8 mod 9.

The digital root (summing the digits of a number, then summing the digits of that number, etc. until you get a single digit) is just another way to get the remainder mod 9 (except 0 comes through as 9). No twin prime nonsense required.

Indeed…as he explained in the video, the reason it works is because any twin prime is going to have, between them, an integer with factor of 3…or something like that. I don’t remember.

Yep, I read @jraven’s post before watching the video & thought I would have rather expressed the two numbers as (n-1) & (n+1) instead of n & (n+2) because that leads to the easier binomial multiplication of (n-1) * (n+1) = n^2 - 1. Since the numbers are twin primes (but not 3 & 5, although that restriction wasn’t stipulated until late in the video), they can’t be divisible by 3, but any 3 consecutive numbers must have a multiple of 3, so n can be expressed as 3k. Then the product is n^2 - 1 = 9k^2 - 1 which clearly is 8 mod 9. This is the video’s “proof #2” after “proof #1” is a ‘proof by exhaustion’ looking at all possible combinations of twin primes modulo 9.

As jraven points out, the “twin primes” condition is sufficient but not necessary - the necessary condition is that n is divisible by 3.

a 33 minute video?

TLDW

2 Likes

That’s what playback speed is for. It’s only a 16 minute video for me. :wink:

I still understand anyone not watching a 16 minute video about a 30 second event, but this body language analyst does a pretty fascinating breakdown of the behaviors of the 3 main “characters” (Chris Rock, Will & Jada Smith).

Now I’m trying to remember why I would have seen this analyst before, as he seems really familiar and I’m sure I must have watched 1 or 2 of his videos before, but I can’t remember which one(s) or why.

Reminds me of this

You must be participating in GAF week. Sucks to be you!

Not youtube but from twitter…this is flippin’ cool: https://twitter.com/Yoda4ever/status/1522831254743248896

3 Likes

Mark Rober has a new scam artist video. I was just hacked on FB so I will rarely post links for safety and sanity. Please go watch and like. He is awesome!

Yeah…I just watched those tonight. He collaborated with Jim Browning & Trilogy media.
Here they are:
Mark Rober - Pranks Destroy Scam Callers- GlitterBomb Payback
Jim Browning - Pranking Scammers ft. Mark Rober
(lots of nsfw language:) Trilogy Media - GLITTERBOMBING a Scam Call Center w/ Mark Rober

1 Like

How far can you get from St. Pancras in London in 24 hours - using only trains (and walking)?
Well-done 37-minute piece.

1 Like

British actor Brian Blessed is legendary. Watch a compilation of clips from a panel show - he can be quite over the top sometimes.

He starred in a Flash Gordon movie and also used to climb mountains, to understand some of the humor in it.

1 Like

Where’s the “unfavorite” youtube videos:

Fcuk this guy!

He’s a doctor. I think he made this after he’d had a cardiac arrest at home and some of the ICU doctors who treated him while unconscious were out of network. He said the actual cardiac arrest and recovery were by far more pleasant to deal with than insurance. He’s had cancer twice before that so he’d been on the patient end before.

1 Like

He’s not wrong.

@T-roy , he’s not talking about rates, just about the way the health insurance system works. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. FYI, I was in the hospital for about a month when I was 19. Dad showed me the final bill, health insurance paid about $95k. I don’t know what the deductible and coinsurance were, but it was clearly more valuable than the premiums and deductible and co-insurance paid.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been through the hospital-is-in-network-but-one-doctor-who-treated-wasn’t-in-network deal. After considerable argument, I was lucky enough to get the hospital admin to get them to waive the charge. I never did get the hospital admin to answer my “what was I supposed to do, ask every single person who wants to walk into the room whether they are in network and keep them out if they are not in network?” question, I assume because there’s just not a good answer to it.

fcuk a system where this can be allowed to happen, imo

2 Likes

These kinds of doctors are AKA PARE docs which is a palindrome for ??? RAPE coincidentally.

There are lots of things one can do if you are a HI/HC advocate to get these included in the different deductible, OOP, etc… It is mind numbingly difficult, however there are ways to do it.

$300 a month premium for whom? That rate is now unheard of unless you have a policy like he’s describing that puts copays after deductibles though. :roll_eyes: We don’t need parody that makes one side take all the blame. So I question his commitment in taking care of anyone. I still say - fcuk this guy.

Reminds me of this top gear skit about getting across London at rush hour using various forms of transportation.

<3

When I don’t know what to do with guests, I make them watch OK GO videos. Here’s one that has a spreadsheet.

(which is admittedly a mess)

1 Like