Fall 2023 Exam 8 Thread

I thought TIA 4 was a bit easier the real thing except for maybe last year.

Re took it again this sitting and finished with plenty of time left, made some small mistakes.

You lack the totally off base questions though as they are all pretty well based on the source, the real thing has curve balls that make no sense based on the actual source papers.

I keep getting 5s though so don’t take my advice, without examiner reports I’m lost in the abyss of not having a clue what to prepare better at.

The CAS has said it will provide more in depth analysis of scores to help people who are retaking exams. Hopefully won’t be applicable to anyone here

What they just provided for exam 9 is worse than getting nothing at all

Are you referring to this?

Yes

I can see why you are annoyed at the in depth analysis they provided for 9. At least for other exams they pointed out specifics of where people went wrong. For 9 it seems to be, we took off point for reasons.

Now I’m nervous. The only thing I felt good about TIA#4 is I didn’t leave any question blank. If the real thing is harder than TIA#4 and the questions are as confusing as they normally are then I have no chance to pass.

Agreed. Their response to this was laughable and anyone who failed that sitting has a right to be pissed.

same… I didn’t even finish this one. I honestly thought this was unrealistic exam so this is scary if the actual exam is even harder.

How did you feel about RF?

Ready to take exam after finishing TIA+CC+RS+2015-2019

Among the TIA exams (I’ve done #1 and #3), RF and CC, what are the exams that considered the best practice and most representative? Any one of them okay to be skipped / kinda redundant? I’m running out of time to attempt them all :smiling_face_with_tear:

RF is incredibly long but the difficulty level I would say is reasonable. A shorter version of it would be a pretty decent exam. But if people think TIA#4 is easier than the real thing, then RF would be too easy compared to the real exam.

RF is just way too long to be realistic. It’s also made by someone with deep understanding of the material, which is leaps and bounds ahead of the CAS approved questions.

Wow! Did you succeed at all of them?
What are your thoughts about representativeness?
Is this your first sitting?

What I would do is stick with the most difficult ones. for me are TIA #4 and RF - haven’t done the latter, I am too scared to do it. Don’t know if they are representative, but I think that they will make you think more than others and understand concepts better.

1 Like

RF is great and not as difficult as TIA#4. I personally think it’s representative except way too long. So I would use it as a good practice, spend time thinking about all the questions instead of rushing to the end as a practice exam.

Haha! I found the opposite to be true

:iatp:

Does anyone know what we are allowed and not allowed to do during the break? Can we go to our locker and get a snack or is it strictly a bathroom break?

https://www.casact.org/candidate-know-you-go

During this break, candidates will be allowed to leave the exam room and use the restroom. Candidates may access their locker for food and/or beverages, and medication if necessary. Candidates may also access their backup calculator during any break if needed. Candidates are not allowed to leave the premises or access a mobile phone, exam notes, study guides, or anything other than the items specifically mentioned in #6 above. Any candidate who violates this rule will not be allowed to return to their exam. >

If you’ve brought a phone or any study notes and left them in the locker with your food etc they could potentially remove you for going in there

1 Like

I just did RF PE, the IQ is brutal. Left it mostly blank as I ran out of time. however, not even with additional time I would have been able to solve it.
Now that I can compare RF vs TIA, I think that outside RF’s IQ, TIA is a harder exam overall.

I truly hope actual exam is not as hard :pray: