Fall 2022 Exam 8 Thread

I plan to save the 2018 and 2019 exams until closer to the exam day, but not sure how representative they are. Can anyone share the difficulty level of recent exams compared to 2018 & 2019?

harder than both in the last sitting. No question.
Just my experience though and prob biased. Idk.

I forgot how tricky Fisher section was. Looks like I’ll be dedicated my entire weekend on this.

Hoping to start a study group again given the good experience I had in exam 9. If anyone’s interested please DM me.

Goal is a small focus group, where people really want to pass :joy: but we can split into 2 or more groups if needed. Meeting schedule is really up to the group, but might look something like: once or twice in July/Aug, weekly or more in Sep/Oct

How does this meeting group work?
We just meet and share knowledge? or we study together?

Meet and share knowledge and Q/A mostly. But I mean everything’s ultimately up to you, it’s a very casual group - if you can find a study buddy in the group that likes to study together, by all means yes do what you like.

Personally I like to study solo to be able to focus. Except maybe the last 2 weeks it seems to help me to talk to people because I’m losing motivation at that point

Do we need to buy a new Study Kit for this year?

Not sure. I think they updated the NCCI section last year

and it was missing certain sections.

1 Like

I would be interested in the study group, as long as it is mutually beneficial. Message me if this is of interest to you.

Just finished reading Clark section of TIA.
I would love to get everyone’s thoughts on what they’re going to memorize/not memorize. It’s a ton of formulas.

I hope to be done with the first run of the manual by mid to end of July, then going to hit some source papers to fill gaps.

I noticed something I did not notice before.
Exam 8 costs $775 while Exam 7 & 9 are $725.

Did not realize Exam 8 is more expensive.

are you able to register?

Registered. Officially in :weary:

1 Like

How many hours did you plan for this exam?
Which material do you think is worth it?

Anyone having an issue signing up? I registered yesterday morning and got the bill on my cc but still haven’t been able to schedule my test on Pearson.

same I have not received my authorization to test.
BTW are the study kits available?

I registered recently but never received the receipt from CAS which I find odd. Normally I get it right away or within hrs.

Also, I have the same question about study kit.

Which day do you guys have in mind to register for the exam? In the past, I’ve registered late so I had no choice but to sit on earlier days but Im thinking about choosing towards the end of the sitting window if not the last day for this sitting.

I usually like Mondays but since that’s not available probably just whatever is earliest. I like to get it out of the way