Fall 2022 Exam 8 Thread

Thanks, I mean tables as shown in the Pearson

Le sigh. I guess I’m back in for this? Have my TIA extension so might as well. Still on the fence about continuing to really pursue exams though. If I do pass any one of 7-9 I’ll really want to finish. But I don’t know if I want to want to finish.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to lookup State Multiple Claim Accident Limit in 2011 tables during exam?

Passed 7. Time to finally slay this beast with a vengeance.

3 Likes

I don’t think I can buckle down to start studying over the summer - I might skip the fall sitting and just start reading the papers for 9 in the Spring.

1 Like

Exam 8 is more difficult by almost a long shot. The material is deceptively short and gives false confidence until the exam day. The exam for this is SUPER hard so I don’t blame you for wanting to skip. Good luck to you! and congrats again for passing Exam 7.
I will be studying for Exam 9 concurrently to get a head start.

really dont wanna start 8 T_T

Your name sounds familiar. Are you from the Exam 7 thread or you took 8 last year?

Some topics on this exam really makes my head spin lol but I am determined to pass this.

yeah I just passed 7 and took 8 last year (1st attempt)

1 Like

Let’s get it this time!!!

1 Like

I sat for it about 5 years ago now - I actually really enjoyed the content, it was probably my favorite exam out of all the uppers I have taken (5-8). I just don’t want to be rushed getting back into it since I am sure some of the syllabus topics have changed.

That’s fair and some of the topics are def interesting. On the contrary to the popular consensus, I actually enjoyed many of the topics in Exam 7 as well.

1 Like

I feel like we have several repeat takers here (including myself).
Could you share what study materials you’re using?
So far Im using TIA but I plan on supplementing with something else (besides the source) but I’m just not sure what.
I’d like to get an idea for what you guys consider to be a good study guide.

That would be me.

I’ll give battleacts a try this time, I think? I think it’s hard to go wrong with anything - I used RF/CCE for 9 and I think they are both good, in different ways. RF is very good at getting the solutions down and CCE is good at conveying concepts. Battleacts I haven’t used but I’ve heard good things.

I’m not the biggest fan of TIA, but Josh was superb on 5 so I’d like to think he’d be also very good on 8.

I passed in 2021 on my third attempt. I think TIA is good to learn the material, and CF Cookbook is good for learning how to do problems, but CCE really helped prepare me for those curveball questions that always pop up on exam day. Not so much that she predicts them, but her problems sort of help you look at topics from various angles, which helps to broaden your base of understanding.

1 Like

I believe RF/CF isn’t available for Exam 8. Am I wrong?
I’m thinking BA or CC as well.

Right, CF no. So RF only

I think RF is also not available. It says “waitlist.”

You are right. See, I didn’t actually attempt to buy

I got an email from RF saying that the updated Cookbook will be ready by mid July FYI.

1 Like