Fall 2022 Exam 8 Thread

I haven’t got there yet, still finishing up my second pass. But based on my experience of using TIA, its pe’s are always harder than the real exam.

1 Like

Yeah besides #1 (maybe #2?), I think most people found TIA PE’s harder. If I recall, people found #3 and #4 hard.

I won’t be doing practice exams until last week of October. Still in review mode!

1 Like

When is everyone taking their exam? I feel like most of us are taking it on Saturday lol.

Not Saturday lol. Wednesday for me. I would hate to use time on weekend for exam.

I originally had it booked for saturday since that was the only time slot open. Luckily i was able to update to friday

Nice, I unfortunately couldn’t find another good slot to reschedule. Hoping for a good weekend testing experience lol.

You guys taking it on the afternoon or morning?

I’m sitting saturday as well, i’ve wanted to move it several times but no openings have come up. I’m taking it at noon, this would be my first exam not at 8am so i hope that helps.

Did anyone do TIA PE#1? I did half of it and found it much easier than expected, maybe it’s not worth the time?

I’ve never been this late on schedule. I normally started PE’s a month before the exam. Not feeling so good…

TIA3 might give you a good challenge.

1 Like

I would love it if this exam is like Exam 7 from last sitting; mostly pretty straight forward questions but very long and tiring.

1 Like

This is exactly how exam 7 felt when i took it fall 2020

I thought it was easy as well, TIA#2 was definitely a step up, pretty tough but doable. I’ll be doing TIA#3 next week

Your name sounds familiar. Did you take Exam 8 last year?
If you did, then you know less free point questions on this one :frowning:

I did! Failed with a 4 :frowning: . Definitely less free points on exam 8 and one thing that threw me off was the length. I think the exam had 26 questions total and i spent too much time on questions i was iffy on when i should have just moved on.

Yeah it was a pretty tough exam. Just from this being a second attempt and having studied more, we should be in a better spot.

The TIA questions while difficult at least I knew what was being asked. Some of the real ones were terribly written, I couldn’t even understand what the writer was trying to get at. That used to be my struggle

Yeah same, Rising fellow just released a P.E. not too long ago and i worked through it yesterday. It felt eerily similar to last years exam in terms of how some of questioms were written and it triggered PTSD from last sitting lol

For those that took the exam last year, how do 2018 and 2019 compare to it? Found the 2018 exam extremely difficult and a huge step up from 2017 and prior. This one felt like a race against the clock with the goal of forcing mistakes.

Oh that’s interesting to hear. It’s challenging to write a practice exam these days now that exams are no longer released. I used to be on the exam writing committee, so for practice exams I try to write the type of problem I think would be interesting to submit for an exam these days.

That’s a good note in general for studying. If you skim through the syllabus papers, keep an eye out for sections that would make for an interesting problem if you had to write one. That’s basically what exam writers are doing really.

Syllabus paper sections with examples, tables, graphs, advantages/disadvantages of methds and evaluations of examples or case studies are always good sections to write a problem from.

Also, if you have other feedback about the practice exam and how realistic it is, please send me a DM!

On par to be fair. If you add in actual pressure, the actual thing felt harder.