Next e-mail: Exam 7 files lost due to electrical infetterance
I am the #1 poster yet
No 6.
Why are you waiting to study?
I’ve said this before, but i had little kids when i was talking my upper exams, and it was hard to find time to study. So i took a week off after sitting for my exam and then started studying for the next one. I really don’t have a lot of sympathy for candidates saying they can’t begin to study until the CAS releases results.
Or maybe the whole sitting will just be canceled due to some technical glitch (maybe all the scripts got wiped out) and we’ll have to retake. Maybe they’re trying to figure out how best to break the message to us with the least amount of collateral damage.
Right there with you, I’ve been struggling to focus on 7 material not knowing if I’m supposed to be retaking 6 or moving on
While I agree this is the prudent approach. I would imagine people are unable to compartmentalize and focus to do this.
7 is my last one and I’m having a really hard time studying for something I may not even need to take. Well I haven’t even looked at study stuff since November
The beatings will continue until morale improves! ![]()
Can’t you see, we are the children ![]()
I’m feeling dizzy
A lot of study materials have one free 6-month extension on your first fail. I’m currently waiting on results for Exam 6, which is my last requirement for ACAS.
If I start to study for Exam 7 using anything other than the source material, I would have to expense that study material. If I failed 6, I would highly prefer to utilize my extension for Exam 6 and retake while it’s still relatively fresh rather than studying for a whole new exam. I’m not sure about the extension policy for every study material/manual out there, but I’m not sure my company would be thrilled if I expensed material for Exam 6, Exam 7, then Exam 6 because I originally failed and have to go back to it.
I guess I could start looking at the source material for Exam 7 or Exam 9, and you’re correct that it would probably be the smartest thing to do right now.
Personally, I think it’s way more effective for me to initially learn the material using summarized study material and fill in the details with the source material later.
I’d start reading Brehm. It’s a good chunk of the syllabus and quite qualitative.
good way to fall asleep
I made it through Mack/Hurlimann/Brosius but am sitting in limbo at the moment hoping to know soon.
Exam 9 is nice in this case since you can just start reading BKM
lol its a book you have to buy
Someone posted a link to I think the 10th edition
Do you?
