Emojis

It’s the seal of approval. It’s weird.

yeah, i can’t even see what it is to begin with. should replace with the ao one.

argue andyourpointis blahblah

oyh

party

popcorn

And yes, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

AO Smilies

5 Likes

oh! it has all of them. nice job! :+1:

:clap: you are my hero!

And I like the old clapping one better than the hands

same

I like a lot of the new ones. I prefer the new shrug. :woman_shrugging:

I like the raised eyebrow
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I like :thinking: which we didn’t have.

But I liked the old clap better. I miss “beating a dead horse”, “I approve this post”, and the ones you list. (Although the new popcorn emoji is cute, too.) And while the new vomiting smilie is fine, it would be good if we could evoke it with :exams:

Space lobster, the seal of approval would be funny if it were large enough to parse, but the old sign is classic.

Whoa, the hero!

I can’t actually tell that it’s a shrug at all. I would have said that’s the biggest disappointment of the new emojis. :cry:

Agree

I found this https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-create-a-new-emoji-set/46018/2 and one of the responses to Q3 of the OP (3. Some of the sizes are off (squished), even though I haven’t ticked the “force square dimensions” for emoji setting) is the below

…So we could have the seal of approval at a not-funky dimension when someone has the time to adjust it.

I like the old animated emojis for shake, lol, rofl, popcorn, swear, red/yellow card, exams, etc.

I’d still prefer the old “I approve this post” guy.

Me too. I think the seal of approval could be useful for other purposes, but : iatp : should definitely be agreepost

:iatp:

I’d also like to get the :tin_foil_hat: (aka :tfh:) added as well.

The closest available seems to be :face_with_head_bandage:

tinfoil ? Not exactly the most clear icon in the world – I never even knew that’s what it was!

:scream_cat:

as in, curiosity killed the cat

I loved that one!

:approve: