Eating outside...why?

Dim sum on the sbux patio!!! :dumpling: :yum:

And now some lovingly reheated Domino’s on the deck!!!

ETA: Fluff, fluff, fluffity fluff fluff!!! :angry:

1 Like

What other way is there? :rip: stupid auto correct :tup: there I fixed it.

1 Like

I still have Papa John’s on ban despite it being relatively ok pizza and within easy walking distance. There’s a Jet’s around the corner from it that I’ve started getting fond of just because the edge tends to get crispied up from runover cheese. But both of those are really just pizza of convenience. There’s no point in Dominos or Pizza Hut near me (although they’re there) because there are a lot better choices.

I don’t usually order from Dominos, Papa Johns, or Pizza Hut, but of the 3 I prefer Pizza Hut. Dominos used to be awful, but they did improve it some time back to be mediocre. Papa Johns uses a lot more sugar in their crust than the other 2, which I don’t care for.

On the rare occasions I order big chain pizza, I typically opt for Marco’s these days.

breakfast outside at the local diner

perfect

1 Like

Brekkie on the deck, now enjoying a coffee!!

I imagine we’ll be eating dinner outside tonight since I’m at my moms house and there will be too many people to comfortably eat inside.

Similar to breakfast and lunch yesterday, but that was because I was in the mountains with my dad’s sheep herding family and outside was easier than trying to cram around the table in the trailer.

I didn’t realize Marco’s was that big. We had them all over CO but I haven’t seen one yet in KS.

Otherwise, from the big three, I’m on team Pizza Hut.

I used to get Pizza Hut when it was near me, but it closed after Papa John’s opened nearby. After tasting the disgustiness of Papa John’s, I decided to try the nearby Dominoes again and was surprised to find it decent. Pizza is a convenience food. I eat it because it’s simple and I’m lazy.

Back to the thread topic, I also ate breakfast outside. The why was so I could keep playing with my dog before it got too hot for her.

2 Likes

Pulled pork sammich at an outdoor festival!!!

Hubs & I had dessert outside. It was a little too hot to eat dinner outside, but by the time we’d moved on to dessert it was quite pleasant.

When I’m asked if I want to be seated outside, I always ask if it’s in the shade. If not, inside please. Even on a pleasant, bug free PNW summer day, I just don’t like being in direct sunlight for long periods. Not only do I burn easily, direct sunlight is just uncomfortable. It’s hot, it’s unpleasant, it makes me sweat. I’d rather sit outside on a cool, overcast fall day than a hot summer day, quite honestly.

4 Likes

The lineage of cheap pizza is as follows:

Costco food bar pizza > dominos > pizza the hutt > papa johns

I’d agree with that except inserting Little Caesars either before or after Pizza Hut.

Really? Little Caesar’s is IMO the worst pizza ever and almost not edible unless you get it truly fresh from the oven.

Pizza Hut/Papa Johns/Dominos not bad. Not as good as a more local smaller chain, but edible.

The good thing about Little C is that it’s super cheap. It’s once of the few places I can buy my daughter dinner for under $10. Well, could. She’s currently avoiding dairy.

1 Like

I actually like papa john’s. It’s consistent, which is more than I can say for Romeo’s, which might be a local place.

Romeo’s is way better when it’s good, and terrible when it’s bad, and lately it’s been missing the mark. Wrong order, toppings having slid off the pizza, getting to us cold.

1 Like

there’s only dominos around me. I remember liking Papa Johns, and not so much Pizza Hut. I might need a road trip to taste test these again. Maybe it’ll invoke some childhood memories.

I wonder if these chains really vary from one locale to the next?