DONALD AND MELANIA TRUMP HAVE COVID-19!

plus those other people around him who tested positive. they would all need to be lying. It just doesn’t seem like a great strategy to win the election to me. and he’s been so blatantly careless about avoiding this virus, so it just makes sense that he would catch it.

And hey, look – that’s what he’s getting.

The White House said the president had received an I.V. infusion of a cocktail of antibodies manufactured by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, of Tarrytown, NY. That treatment is essentially a way to mimic a powerful immune response in order to ward off a serious case of covid-19.

Stolen from a friend. To read it, you should know that “Hashem” is an Orthodox Jewish euphemism for God, since saying his name is discouraged:

There once was a liberal hoax
That affected “a very few” folks
Then POTUS and FLOTUS
Got positive notice
Hashem writes the funniest jokes.

1 Like

watching the video playback of donald exiting the white house and entering the helicopter to take him to the medical facility and he looks fine. he gave the camera a thumbs up.

Meanwhile my friend is making an emergency trip to his hometown tonight because his brother contracted Covid from their teenage daughter who was partying with her friends and now he’s on full life support and not likely to make it. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. :slightly_frowning_face:

that’s horrible :frowning: I bet his teenage daughter will regret this for the rest of her life.

Jeepers Serena, sorry to hear that.

Wow that’s sad. Hope he pulls through.

He passed this morning. :sweat:
I can’t imagine the guilt his daughter will carry for the rest of her life.

She was asymptomatic, but still, it traces back to her carelessness. Ugh. I feel awful for the whole family.

I’m so sorry, Serena. :cry:

:frowning: sorry to hear. one of my huge fears when visiting my parents is that I’ll accidentally give my mother COVID. I don’t think I could deal with the guilt of that.

Thanks. Yeah I don’t know how you begin to deal with that level of guilt. :sweat:

So tragic. I feel sorry for everybody involved.

Returning to Donald and Melania…

It looks like they are recommending dexamethasone for anyone with covid whose blood oxygen drops below 94. But it has a lot of side effects. Common side effects include:

• Depression
  • Euphoria
  • Confusion
  • Amnesia
  • Irritability

Less common side effects include:

(all from the wikipedia entry.)

Um… should someone on this drug maybe turn over the reins to his backup? You know, just until he’s off it again?

Also, I’ve heard a bunch of people whose relatives were on it during cancer treatment say that it gave their relative a temporary burst of energy “we could pretend he wasn’t at death’s door”, “hours before he died, he got out of bed and cooked breakfast”. So… that might be related to the photo ops we’ve seen.

So you’re saying we won’t know if it has any side effects on DJT.

yes, he should turn over the reins to the VP, but Trump’s ego won’t allow that. From the sound of it, the VP and Trump’s own cabinet needs to all be on board with turning over the reins in order to override Trump’s wishes, which is highly unlikely to happen since they are loyal to Trump.

lol

He tweeted that he feels better than he did 20 years ago. He is on day 4 or 5 of this thing, isn’t it around day 8 when the bad sh!t kicks in?

Yeah, I’m curious to see what he’s like when the steroids wear off.

I also saw where Regeneron - one of the drugs they gave him - was developed using stem cells from human embryos. I’m sure the pro-life crowd will find a way to excuse it though. :roll_eyes: