DONALD AND MELANIA TRUMP HAVE COVID-19!

I think 80% of my fb friends cheered last night, and 50% of them hoped he dies.

I wonder how this will affect voter turnout. I know a lot more democrats are voting by mail and a lot of Trump supporters are saying they will only vote in person. But now they might see this and think twice about going to the polls and risking catching COVID. Especially if they are at high risk.

1 Like

A lot of Trump voters are all in on his personality as well - if he gets very sick and is in the hospital on election day, they might be less likely to turnout.

1 Like

yep. I really don’t see how testing positive can help him in any way. It’s a sign of weakness.

1 Like

Do you really think trumpkins can be reasoned with? Everything is a positive with them.

Also, Trump traveled to Bedminster for a fundraiser last night after he had heard he Hicks had been tested positive, exposing all of those donating to him. What a nice thank you to them.

1 Like

yeah, I don’t think this is going to change any minds either way. It’s not a positive though.

1 Like

He’s so good at taking tests, he even passed the COVID test!

3 Likes

Do they actually have COVID, or just a positive PCR test? There can be a big difference.

I wonder what the CT on that test was.

1 Like

I think it’s been said that Trump has symptoms.

1 Like

They both claim to have mild symptoms.

Yes, Teddy Roosevelt went to the hospital after he was shot. I don’t know how long he stayed.

1 Like

He lost that election though.

1 Like

Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination ceremony is starting to look like a super spreader event - many others who attended are now testing positive for COVID

1 Like

More is known about it now, and there are more treatments. For instance, it’s now understood to be largely a blood clotting disorder, not primarily a lung disease, and there are treatments for that. There’s been a lot of work with convalescent serum, and I bet that helps. There are experimental monoclonal antibodies – probably not available to you and me, but I bet he can get them. None of that was available for Johnson.

And Trump doesn’t like to show weakness. I bet he is already on oxygen, or has symptoms that can’t easily be hidden. Otherwise I think he’d still be out and about, and denying that there’s any problem.

2 Likes

interesting.

How many were senators? How many senators need to be too sick to show up and vote to prevent that nomination from going through?

1 Like

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members,and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

I assume that a majority of those present can pass legislation, so it takes at least 26 voting in favor.

1 Like

Copied from my brother on FB:

Motivations for Trump and Melania to lie about having Covid-19 right now:

1. He can skip out of the next debate

2. He can get away from the press for a little bit since the heat coming at him has been intense

3. He can garner some sympathy votes (he is down by 13 % in the last national poll)

4. When he “recovers” he can say it was “no big deal” to further downplay this pandemic, he will also probably say he took hydrochloroquinone!

5. A tape of Melania just came out where she says " who gives a fuck about Christmas", this provides a distraction from that story, she can now stay from the press amd garner sympathy too.

6. He lies about everything else why wouldn’t he be lying about this!

Unless he dies or spends an extended period of time in the hospital I don’t believe it.

1. I take that back, if he goes to the hospital, he may be having other serious health issues and needs to be admitted, and this is a good cover story.

When you are “the boy who cried wolf” or rather “the man who tweeted bullshit”…Sorry I’m not sorry if I don’t believe you.

he’s going to walter reed medical center now. I think it’s real. If not, quite a hoax were I’m not sure those reasons will really be to his benefit to help him in the election.

he loves those dumb rallies. can’t have those either.

yeah. The hospital is not going to lie. He’s being hospitalized.