Doggo thread

She was nearing death’s row at the shelter. Her life’s been over three years longer than it was going to be.

@Echo: He hides chikkin and turkey jerky from you. He says he loves you, but I dunno… :thinking:

Master also throws ball. He doesn’t fetch so good though. :dog:

I just played fetch with her for an hour. I’m pretty much best human ever in her eyes.

I go pick it up every time she drops it 10 feet away from me. :roll_eyes:

@Echo: Ah, I see you’ve begun the training!!! Very good!! Don’t be afraid to use the rolled up newspaper as needed!!! A stern “Bad Daddy!!! No!!!” might be sufficient too. :unamused: :newspaper_roll:

5 Likes

1 Like

@Echo: Do you like cheese too??? :cheese:

The sound of ripping open string cheese brings her running.

2 Likes

So in addition to the brisket trimmings, my dog just got some chicken breast that was left out. He is now attached to my knee for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

And some overcrispy bacon. The dog is going to be sooo big.

2 Likes

that’s kinda offensive to the grinch. he was a good person. his neighbors otoh were loud and inconsiderate assholes. the grinch just wanted peace and quiet. WHY THE FUCK IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR? THE WHO’S ARE AWFUL HORRIBLE SCUMBAGS!

1 Like

The pup is a big girl now.

3 Likes

I bought a frisbee for the pooch about a month ago, and she’s gotten to the point where she makes some nice running catches now. Even when she doesn’t catch it, she loves just retrieving it. It’s her favorite thing now. I don’t even bother with the ball much anymore as she will immediately drop it in favor of the frisbee if given the option.

3 Likes

Chewey had my dog’s favorite Chuckit balls on sale for half price so someone’s getting a box of new squeaky balls for Christmas.

3 Likes

We dropped off some pizza crusts for my neighbour’s lab. Holy :poop:, she just inhales them with no chewing!!! :dizzy_face:

what kind of frisbee do you use? I have tried several but the one I like best so far is a brand of doggo frisbee from Amazon called Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper.

I bought two styles. The Hyperflite Jaws disc is great: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CM3O6G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I also bought the ChuckIt Rugged Flyer. She likes retrieving it too, but it isn’t very conducive for the glides that enable running catches in the air. It looks super tough and durable though.