DNGAF Friday

…and continues. :guitarwo:

Got a meeting this afternoon, then it’s time to stop GingAF.

2 Likes

Meeting done!!! Time to make some guacamole!!!

2 Likes

Got the last item on my to-do list knocked out.

1 Like

I’ve barely worked today, and I need to do one thing, but after that I’m done. I had a 3+ hour doctor visit, then an errand to the opposite side of town, and then a phone call about my sister’s cancer which has a hereditary nature.

1 Like

Just need to record my CPD today to figure out how many hours I have/need. Then I have a dr appt and spending the rest of the day with my younger daughter…

1 Like

I have to review some things that went right and went not so right with some work I did recently and get a CPD to read list going, but apart from that, I will NGAF.

I think I’m going to have a Mt Dew today. Hopefully keep it to one.

1 Like

keep it to one? re-read the thread title. have as many as you damn well please!

2 Likes

Drywall guy came out for an estimate. Tile guy arrives in a few hours for that estimate. Couple of meetings but I’ve pretty much checked everything off for the week. It’s 70°, might take a 30 minute break for a bike ride later.

I haven’t had Mountain Dew in years… used to have it all the time in HS… and now I feel old

1 Like

I have a hurricane coming at me so I have to GAF about that.

Also, my company seems to have a very my-area-specific travel ban right now that seems to only apply to me and I’m starting to get real annoyed about having to ask permission to do my client-facing job.

1 Like

Well, my kidneys gaf, but f-them. I’m having two. I have my reasons, dammit!

1 Like

Too many Fs!!

Personal issues have resulted in DNGAF Friday starting about 7 hours ago.

4 Likes

I’ve arrived.

I wish there was a phone setting where I only get notifications about work apps during certain times - like a “focus” button I can toggle, and when it’s on, notifications are completely shut off. And mostly I mean the little red badges on the app that tell me if I have unread emails, unread IM’s. I don’t want to have to manually change my settings after 6 pm, on weekends, or on my days off.

Better yet, I’d like to be able to dedicate one of my phone screens to be only accessible when the focus button is off. Like a lock box for apps, so I can’t even accidentally swipe over to the screen that has all my work apps; I often find myself opening work email just out of habit on my days off.

Someone invent that for me.

4 Likes

Took the day off. I do need to replace the bronze weatherstripping on the front door, that’ll take several hours. But it’s going to be 75° today, so if I can get that done by early afternoon then I’m taking the bike out for an hour or two.

3 Likes

If you lived near me, I would join you for for a scooter ride today (not a bike though, gross). Only a few nice days left in the year.

1 Like

I took the day off to clean the garage but so far I’m decluttering in the house. And my back already hurts.

2 Likes

While I plan to spend more time on the bicycle, it’s very likely I will take the scooter out to grab lunch somewhere.

1 Like