DNGAF Friday

You’re right, uuuugh. See you at the office tomorrow morning.

What a great relief day. Wrapped up my last final exam last night. And I’ve had this large stupid work project I’ve had pending that needs to get done asap that I don’t want to do nor do my staff. Basically it’s a 3 day cut and paste. I was on a discord server and one of the students who’s coming camping with me said he’s looking for work. Dropped off a laptop this morning to him, he’ll be done Monday likely. Right off my plate. What a relief. No work, no homework tonite. Might glue my ass to the couch and watch a movie.
Of course what I want to do is start prestudying for next term but my spouse gave me hell for even suggesting it, so I’ll take at least one day off.

1 Like

Early :bump:

I’m on our weekly staff call, after this I’m done. Zero mental energy left, between a few fire drills at work and my bath remodel going south.

My post-lunch snooze went a little long, so I hafta do some actuarializing now. All set up on the deck with a coffee!!

I’m doing whatever I do until I get tired. Or start having worse brain fog. Or Cedar Cove comes on. This not-Covid crud has taken it OUT of me this week. I’m hoping to get some work done tomorrow as well. Maybe between 2 days I’ll get in 8 hours.

Mostly I’m trying to take inventory and make sure I don’t forget stuff. But I did just put together an experience analysis on a rate filing I have coming up. That felt good.

Not giving many F’s today. Productivity is off the charts. As in, never made it onto the charts today.

5 Likes

Wrapped up my meetings in DC. Sitting on a plane. Woo. Slack messages have stopped so I’m zoning out to a podcast.

2 Likes

Just finished a Teams meeting. Gonna take a break now.

1 Like

Got a meeting later this aft. Tryin’ reeeeeal hard to care right about now…

Same. I have one call to lead in 30 minutes, and then my wife and I are going to happy hour at a local fish place. Nothing on my to do list is terribly urgent right now.

Prepping lamb gyros meet this aft, followed by beef stew, for a camping trip next weekend. Not even working today lol. I’ll pay for it tomorrow though as our developer is full steam tomorrow and I’ve got stuff I want ready for Monday.

Taking the kid to the park soon.

2 Likes

It’s noon. Time to start drinking!

I was going to do some more work thus afternoon but nah.

2 Likes

I am trying to adopt the mentality of, it’s better to GAF Fridays so I don’t have the Sunday dreads, but it was a tough sell today. Ended up working until 4:30 (early release was 2:30), but at least I’ll be in good shape to start next week after the long weekend and don’t have things hanging over my head.

4 Likes

My problem is I have DNGAF Friday mornings which therefore require me to GAF in the afternoons. I had a very unproductive morning followed by a surprisingly productive afternoon.

I think my client was not thrilled with me today but they’ll have a pleasant surprise when they get to work Tuesday morning at least.

1 Like

Oh oh me too! :dog:

For reasons, my DNGAF Friday has started already.

5 Likes

I am almost there!

1 Like