DNGAF Friday

:iatp:^ :iatp:

I have successfully avoided all clickbait on the subject. The only reason I know anything is because the headlines are ubiquitous & unavoidable.

About to turn some deliverables in before Monday due date. Thinking a lunch nap is a good way to start NGAF.

I just woke up from a quick nap: I got up early for a meeting that was cancelled with about an hourā€™s notice.

Gonna do a couple of hours today and some more over the weekend.

One more meeting to go! Then a three day weekend, yā€™all.

1 Like

Oohā€¦thatā€™s rightā€¦gotta remember not to get up on Monday.

1 Like

I am working Monday, but I have a 3-day weekend because I took today off. I was so busy NGingAF that I forgot it was DNGAF Friday.

1 Like

I was driving to DC Friday. While I was out, my team won a deal. I didnā€™t GAF. Felt nice.

(I enjoy having all our hard work pay off. I donā€™t really enjoy all the corporate energy that suddenly appears from outside the immediate actuarial pricing team, itā€™s always so forced and buzzworded and disingenuous.)

2 Likes

Letā€™s fast forward to 4:00 & then Iā€™m outta here.

Having an iced coffee on the sbux patio!!! :sunny: :sunglasses: :ice_cube: :coffee:

I have had a frustrating week. I had to GAF today (and also go to the BMV, which sucks no matter what day it is), but Iā€™m logging off now and going to enjoy the porch weather.

Starting the holiday weekend Friday right! Metallica and Starbucks, some NGAF fuel.

Happy DNGAF Friday, everybody!

3 Likes

:guitarwo:

2 Likes

Back at my old job, theyā€™d send everyone home about 1:00ā€¦it was kind of a bonus for those that actually showed up on days like these.

1 Like

I had a job where on the first truly gorgeous work day each Spring the grand boss would come around about 1:30ish and tell everyone in a wink wink nudge nudge kind of way that due to the unpredictable weather conditions he was sending us all home three hours early.

3 Likes

I have to GAF this afternoon but Iā€™m doing my favorite kind of work so I donā€™t mind. Might run and get a Starbucks tho.

2 Likes

May I suggest the pineapple passionfruit refresher? I hear itā€™s something else.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll go with a caramel frap, but thanks for the suggestion. :nauseated_face::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just arrived at starbies, got a latte and now to use my brains!!! :crazy_face:

Let us know if the barista gives you any freebies.