DNGAF Friday

Last day of school

1 Like

Took my grown kid to ER this morning in the wee hours but too much going on to call it a day. Iā€™ll be yawning all afternoon.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be logging off shortly, early release the business day before a holiday.

I have big plans to make progress on the quilt from hell, so Iā€™ll probably be doing that for most of the weekend starting when I log off.

2 Likes

Had lunch and then a snooze. Baked a loaf of bread, but now I need to put in a few hours of work. Me sad.

2 Likes

Bummer Friday. Buried with emergency software stuff, have an assignment that is kicking my ass due tonight. Looking at a question, donā€™t even know where to start kind of thing. Very disappointing since I generally try to understand the material well enough that I donā€™t end up like that.
Related, linear algebra is ugly and stupid. Also itā€™s ugly.

Still gonna take some time for a date night anyway. Itā€™s Mennonite relief sale for any uwaterloo grads that remember that event.

Weekend is killed too. Iā€™ve got a ton of studying to do but Iā€™m taking some random uwaterloo students fishing all day tomorrow. So Sunday is marathon studying and my garage will still need cleaning on Monday I guess.

1 Like

Go studyā€¦ in the boat.

I did not end up logging off early. Got sucked into the weeds of a project and knew I wouldnā€™t have time to pick it back up on Tuesday.

Just submitted my assignment. Itā€™s been a while since iā€™ve submitted a steaming pile of crap like that for an answer to a question. A whole bunch of ā€˜walk with me while I talk you through thisā€™ lol. I got away with it once in my undergrad because the TAā€™s marked leniently. They donā€™t mark leniently in this course.

This is why I can hear my son (a TA) downstairs swearing when heā€™s marking assignments. itā€™s people like me.

Can I hear you say Part Marks? Hell yeah!

1 Like

Post pics!

I left early today, but I was still the last person out of the office which meant I had to turn all of the lights out, lock all of the doors, and ā€œarmā€ the security system. (Random question: why is it called ā€œarmingā€? Does it have weapons? Is it going to shoot at me if I screw it up?)

Anyway, I was so focused on doing all of that stuff correctly that I completely forgot to turn off my computer. :woman_facepalming:

Oh well. I doubt itā€™ll crash over the long weekend. I realized as soon as I was in the parking lot but I was too scared to try to disarm the security system and go back in, even though I theoretically know how to do this, and I think Iā€™ve even done it before.

Or maybe I just DNGAF. Either way, I didnā€™t go back in.

Skipped the day job today. Forced to gaf from 6am on as some weird shit popped up in one of my side hustles.

Over it now. But a frustrating story for sure

Urge to NGAF rising, risingā€¦

I predict a 4:00 hard stop.

1 Like

Had a 3pm call that got pushed to 4pm, argh!

2 Likes

Urge to work fading, fadingā€¦

1 Like

Urge to workā€¦ gone.

I like having a Fire TV in my office. :wink:

For absolutely no good reason, couldnā€™t get to sleep until about 2:30AM. Brain powerā€¦ gone. I think 3:30 is all I have in me.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I donā€™t GAF about the Depp-Heard case regardless of the day of the week.

3 Likes

Hi I fell asleep somewhere between 10-11 today and expected to be inundated with ā€œAre you coming to the team meeting?ā€ messages when I woke up but it was rescheduled to Monday. #nailedit

4 Likes