Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

Serious question. The choice is yours, Americans.

For an endless stream of Democrat nutjobs, someone has told me of an account called “LibsOfTikTok.” Twitter apparently wants to ban her. Presumably the account is interfering with the false consensus that Republicans have far more nutjobs.

I think we could keep this thread filled with stupid Biden quotes and gaffes until he passes, but let’s branch out to other nutty Democrats. What about Michigan’s Attorney General?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2022/06/15/nessel-jokes-a-drag-queen-every-school-speech-against-fake-issues/7639375001/

“Drag queens are entertainment,” she said. “And you know what I’ll say that was totally not poll tested, I’d say this, ‘A drag queen for every school.’”

I’m also entertainment, but I think most people would find it creepy if I insisted on being entertaining to school children. They would correctly ascertain that there are limited reasons for this, and almost none of them are good.

2 Likes

Let’s do Robin DiAngelo and Judith Katz because they are both genuinely nutty. And racist, I think. It’s hard to tell these days:

“Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group. It follows that whites are racially objective and thus can represent the universal human experience, while people of color can only represent their race.” DiAngelo

Next, we have “Aspects and Assumptions of Whiteness & White Culture in the United States.” Here’s an incomplete list of aspects of white culture, per Ms. Katz:

• Rugged individualism
  • Self reliance
  • Plan for future
  • Delayed gratification
  • Be polite
  • Hard work is the key to success
  • Protect property and entitlements
  • Objective, rational linear thinking
  • Time viewed as a commodity
1 Like

The Biden quotes are weaksauce. The Michigan AG whew on that one, finally a good entry for the thread. The gas thing - are we pretending Republicans aren’t trying to rewrite January 6? The D&I authors? I’m not sure if they are right or wrong, but that is kind of their thing and doesn’t seem immediately offensive or objectionable.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of drag stuff, personally, but this doesn’t bother me at all.

Now if it’s a burlesque-style drag show as some of those shows can be, for sure, inappropriate.

I would assume the shows presented to children are not that style, although I haven’t attended one. May as well be mad about clowns, since they look weird.

Regarding gas - would rather have democracy. I think the Tweet is supporting that actually (anti-insurrection.)

I’m unclear the problem with the Biden quotes. They seem fine.

Are Democrats calling for a clown in every school? I mean, they are definitely entertainment, and generally child-oriented entertainment. Perhaps there’s a genre of child-oriented drag queen entertainment of which I’m unaware?

We had entertainment in my schools, including clowns, hypnotists, and more.

Other than being a Christian school, a drag show wouldn’t have been out of place.

1 Like

But just to clarify, you did not in fact have any drag queen shows at your childhood schools?

1 Like

No, my Christian school absolutely wouldn’t have that, especially since they expelled students who were gay or pregnant. Transgender/crossdressing would have been immediate expulsion. No students in my high school admitted they were transgender before graduation. The gay ones only admitted it afterward or within close friend circles, or they were kicked out.

I actually dated one person who is transgender but went through some self-hate because they didn’t know it at the time, nor did I. Also one person who is now bisexual but mostly dates the same sex. It would have been nice to learn more about queer culture when I was a child. The school just washed that away though, if you admitted it then get wrecked, go away.

Hells, I was sent home for having a tear in my jeans I didn’t even know was there.

Girls were sent home for shorts that were more than 2 inches above the knees. It was distracting, apparently.

We had clowns, hypnotists, and some guy who was really into shoes. I have no idea about the shoe guy. We also had somebody who really leaned into Black History Month being racist against Black people. It turned out he had a checkered history with racism and the school issued an apology over it afterward.

Anyway, to directly answer your question: Drag shows in the early 90s were uncommon, and having them in a private Christian school was basically not a thing anywhere.

1 Like

Serious question, if someone told you that they believed the earth was flat, that the world financial system was controlled by the Rothschilds, and that vaccines were poison, would you guess they were more likely to a Republican or a Democrat.

2 Likes

How about this as evidence of how nutiness percades the Republican party. Can you come up with an example of a belief held by the majority of democrats that is blatantly false.

3 Likes

Serious question. If someone gave a rambling 20,000 word answer to the question “what is a woman,” would you guess they were more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

What if someone posted from their iPhone that the capitalist society that gave them everything they had was intrinsically flawed and needed to be torn down, would you guess they were more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

What if someone threatened to go on sex strike if easy access to aborting their fetus were taken away, would you guess they were more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

But let’s get really serious. If someone called for genocide of the white race, objectively a top tier kind of crazy thought, would you guess they were more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

Finally, let’s do a more difficult one: What if someone showed up at a SCOTUS Justice’s house with a gun with intention to assassinate a sitting justice, would you guess they were more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

I just don’t think it’s clear at all who has more nutjobs. And I think people should be careful about defending any of this, lest they reveal themselves as a nutjob.

1 Like

wow. you sound scared.

2 Likes

Is this a serious reply to me, or an on-topic contribution to the thread?

You said “serious question.” Are you willing to debate each of your points?

Debate which points? Whether you’d expect the person in each scenario to be a Republican or a Democrat? I’m not sure there’s much to debate there, I already said I don’t think it’s clear who has more nutjobs.

I’ll take that as a no.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to make whatever points you want. Perhaps you have some issues with my nutjob scenarios. That’s normal.

I"m not sure about this one. Isn’t that among the Republican talking points about why abortion should be banned? “Keep it in your pants”, as my mom used to say.

Genocide of the white race as a Democratic talking point is new to me. I get that a republican who attends a D&I program at work might be “hearing” that, but that ends up in the other thread, not this one.

2 Likes