Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

Correct!

Not wanting to think about it much, I tried just successive substitution from a “random” starting point and that gave me the right answer. So I’ve tried a bunch more starting points and so far they’ve all converged to the answer. Is that just luck or is there a reason to think this should just converge? I’d think there might be cycles where it would get stuck. And then I wondered if there was a pattern based on the number of digits. I tried with 6 digits and immediately hit a cycle with that one.

Hmm. All the staring values I’ve tried for 6 digits lead to the same cycle (230100 / 311100)

12/6

Summary

fiend friend
cited credit
fault artful
twine winter
Beast breast

Summary

(breast makes me say Yippee)

Summary

yahoo hooray

Not sure that your 2nd 5 letter word is correct. Edict seems better to me.

for part of speech, yours does seem better

Right, they list EDICT as the answer.

They also have a better answer for #1

Maybe

Summary

DEMON MODERN

Yep that’s the one

12/7/2022 Four-Bidden

Place an X or O in each empty cell of this grid so that four consecutive X’s or O’s do not appear horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. The solution is unique.

12/8/2022

In each row, use the left-hand clue to fill in a five-letter word in the unshaded squares from left to right. Then write a letter in the shaded square to make a six-letter word that fits the right-hand clue. If you do it correctly, the shaded squares will spell out a word when read from top to bottom.

12/7

1 Like

Correct!

12/8

1 Like

Correct!

12/9/2022 Daisy Chain

Add a letter to the first set of letters below and form a common word by anagramming the six given letters plus the one you added. Enter the word in the squares on the right. For each succeeding row, add the last letter of the previous word you wrote to the new set of letters before anagramming. The last letter of your fifth word should be the letter you added to the first word. Can you complete the daisy chain of anagrams?

12/10/2022

Form four common five-letter words reading across. Use ten letters exactly twice, including the seven different letters given plus three others that you must determine. Since B, F, and M already appear twice, they can’t be used again. What are the words?

12/10

M O T E L
B R I E F
F O R U M
B U I L T
1 Like

Correct!

12/9

RAINBOW
WEIGHTY
PLAYPEN
COLONEL