Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

Correct!

Glassy! Haven’t seen you here before.

Correct!

12/1/2022

Place one of A, B, C, or D into each of the 25 empty cells so that the number of letters in each row and column is as indicated by the numbers. Identical letters cannot be next to each other in the grid either horizontally or vertically.

12/2/2022 Sweet Sixteen

Complete the word square below by inserting the 16 letters into the grid, one per cell, to create the same words reading across and down.

12/1

Summary

2 Likes

12/2

Summary

1 Like

Correct and correct!

12/3/2022

Each of the six letters stands for a different number from 1 through 9. Using the clues, can you deduce the number represented by each letter?

The total of each row is 18
A x D = the two-digit number “BC”
D x D = the two digit number “EF”

12/4/2022

Change one letter in each word below to uncover a five-letter word that names a kind of group. For example, change the A in ENCOMPASSED to O to get POSSE.

1. DISSUADE
  2. VELCROED
  3. CLAUSTROPHOBIA
  4. DEFROCKED
  5. DISBARMENT
  6. DOCTRINE

12/4

Summary
  1. SQUAD
  2. CROWD
  3. CLASS
  4. FLOCK
  5. SWARM
  6. TRIBE
1 Like

12/3

Summary
a 7.0
b 2.0
c 8.0
d 4.0
e 1.0
f 6.0

12/3

Summary

A = 9
B = 7
C = 2
D = 8
E = 6
F = 4

1 Like

Correct and correct!

are there more answers? that was odd

This answer doesn’t satisfy the “The total of each row is 18”.

I’d actually thought of replacing the rule with A+B+C = 18 and D+E+F=18 to make it more clear and because there’s really no point in the 2 x 3 array they drew, but I had already started making it, so I just went ahead with it.

I guess so

Summary
a 3.0
b 2.0
c 1.0
d 7.0
e 4.0
f 9.0

yeah, I missed that

12/5/2022 Autobiographical Number

A five-digit number ABCDE has a property that A is the number of zeros in the number, B is the number of ones, C is the number of twos, D is the number of threes, and E is the number of fours in the number. Th number isn’t 30200 because while 30200 does have 3 zeros and 0 ones, it does not have 2 twos or 0 threes. Can you come up with the only five-digit autobiographical number?

12/6/2022 Scramble Up

In each row, think of the five-letter answer to the clue on the left, then add an R to the letters and rearrange them to make the six-letter answer to the clue on the right. What are the words?

1. evil spirit     __________   contemporary     ____________
2. proclamation    __________   cash alternative ____________
3. earthquake line __________   cunning          ____________
4. strong cord     __________   snowman season   ____________
5. brutish person  __________   "Yippee!"        ____________
12/5

2 Likes