Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

11/24/2022

Determine which one of the Thanksgiving meal items to the right of the line logically belongs with the seven images to the left of the line.

letter count? seems stupid

tie, pan - pie
pawn, raft, comb, tire - corn
rodent - turkey

11/24

Summary

The Corn (cob). Each picture on the left is part of a pair with the first being a three letter word, the second being a four letter word with the same letters as the other but an additional letter in the third spot. So:
Pawn and Pan
Tie and Tire
Raft and Rat
Comb and Cob

1 Like

Correct!

11/25/2022 Arithme-pick

Place one of the four basic arithmetic operations (+, -, x, ) in each box to make a correct equation. Symbols may be repeated; you do not have to use all four. All operations are performed from left to right, ignoring mathematical order of operations. The result at each stop must be a positive whole number. What is the equation?

11/26/2022 Plus One

Add the same letter to each four-letter word and rearrange the letters to spell a five-letter word. Write the words across, one letter per square. The added letter must always fall in the shaded square.

11/25

1 Like
11/26

1 Like

Correct and correct!

11/27/2022

Insert the numbers 1 to 9, one per square, so that no two consecutive numbers are in squares that touch in any way, even at a corner. Three numbers have been placed to get you started.

11/27

Summary

oops I boo boo’ed

See Sky’s answer below :slight_smile:

11/27

Summary

1 Like

Correct!

11/28/2022 Word Web

Spell out four common seven-letter words by moving from letter to adjacent letter along the lines without ever repeating a letter during the course of a word. Each word must use all seven letters. Can you find all four words?

11/29/2022 Skyscrapers

The grid is a bird’s-eye view of a city’s downtown core. Place a number from 1 to 5 (representing a building’s height) in each cell so that no two buildings in any row or column have the same height. The numbers outside the grid tell you the number of buildings visible from that direction. Higher buildings block the view of lower ones behind them. Can you determine the heights of all 25 buildings?

11/28

Summary

MEDICAL
DECIMAL
CLAIMED
DECLAIM (?)

2 Likes

Correct!

And exactly as I wrote them down, including the question mark.

Well, … not exactly - I didn’t use parenthesis.

1 Like

11/30/2022 Fun Nuf Unf

In each row, fill in the blanks with different arrangements of the same three letters to create four complete words.

1) A _ A _ Y S _ S      _ A _ G U _ S H      S _ G _ A _      _ _ _
2) _ A T _ H D _ G      D _ _ N _ A S T      L _ _ K J A _    _ _ _
3) _ A D _ _ U T H      _ _ N I _ U S        E _ _ R Y _      _ _ _
4) _ M P _ A _ H        B_ W _ T _ H         _ R _ D _ T      _ _ _
11/29

2 Likes

11/30

11/30

ANALYSIS LANGUISH SIGNAL → LNI
WATCHDOG DOWNCAST LOCKJAW → OWC
BADMOUTH OMNIBUS EMBRYO → BMO
IMPEACH BEWITCH CREDIT → IEC