Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

I used logic mixed with arithmetic:

There were two equations which equaled H, and the only way to accomplish that was if H = 29. That left A, C, B, and E as some combo of 3, 26, 10, and 19. Now, use two of 4, 6, and 16 in Eq1 or Eq4 to solve for one of the earlier 4 numbers. The rest follow from there.

It’s not really using algebra but also not guess and check.

11/19/2022

Choose four different consonants and use them (in a different order each time) to fill in the blanks to form six uncapitalized English words. What are the words?

1. A _ _ O R I _ H _
  2. _ O O N _ I _ H _
  3. _ E N _ _ E _ A N
  4. _ I _ A _ E N _
  5. _ E _ E _ R A _
  6. _ Y _ H O _ O _ Y

11/20/2022 A Weighty Problem

A box with 24 pencils in it weighs 350 grams. The same box with 19 pencils in it weighs 320 grams. How much does the box by itself weigh?

11/19

Summary
  1. ALGORITHM
  2. MOONLIGHT
  3. GENTLEMAN
  4. LIGAMENT
  5. TELEGRAM
  6. MYTHOLOGY
1 Like

Correct!

11/21/2022 Members Only

Each puzzle below consists of items in a specific category. We’ve removed one letter from each words, and then closed up the spaces. The missing letters, in order, spell one other item from the same category. For example, P I N M A P E S U A C yields the trees PINE, MAPLE, and SUMAC, which the missing letters spelling ELM. Can you determine the extra item in each case?

1. B L A C K J A C P O K R B I G O R U L E T T E
  2. B R K E G E A R B O W H E E S A T
  3. S P A U L A B W L P A R A T E R I E V E
  4. T A L E S T T E E E S K

11/22/2022 Hip! Hip! Array!

Place a number in each empty cell of this array so that the numbers in the top and middle cells in each column sum to the number in the bottom cell. Also, in each row, the number in the first two cells sum to the number in the third cell; the second and third sum to the fourth; and the third and fourth sum to the fifth. When you’ve filled the array, convert the shaded numbers to letters (1 = A, 2 = B, etc.). Rearrange these letters to spell something that can be thrown.

11/21

Summary

KENO
AXLE
TONGS
BED

1 Like

Correct!

nm, thought i could see the graph and do this on my phone

3! 11! 14! 25! 39!
5! 4! 9! 13! 22!
8! 15! 23! 38! 61!

3 5 15 9. 22
c. e. o. i. v

voice

1 Like
11/22

VOICE

1 Like
11/20

206 grams

1 Like

Correct!

It was long enough that I thought it was just skipped.

Correct!

i think nn got there first, i started first but had to stop and edit to look at the puzzle

11/23/2022

Solve this unusual crossword, writing all answers diagonally up or down from left to right.

Down
1 Ship-related
2 Choir member
3 Glossy fabric
4 Haul
5 Corn throwaway

Up
5 Persian, e.g.
6 Wanders
7 Humdrum
8 Yoga position
9 Offshore apparatus

I had a pretty good laugh at the results of me trying to reproduce their puzzle quickly.

11/23

Summary

1 Like

Correct!