Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

3 out of 4.

The words in #3 aren’t the most obvious examples of their category, imo. I only recognized one of the 4 words as even being in the category. I haven’t checked, but I think these words were used because most others in the category have multiple words rather than single words.

edited my prev. message

Hint for #3:

another in the category: Casaba Clan; or maybe Anal Sccaab

1 Like

Correct!

Right, that’s a much better member of the category.

09/23/2022 Criss-Cross Math

Place the digits 1 to 9 into the empty cells so that the three rows across and the three columns down form correct arithmetic statements. All calculations involve only positive whole numbers and should be performed from left to right and top to bottom, ignoring mathematical order of operations.

5 x 2 - 9 = 1
+ + +
8 + 1 - 7 = 2
- + /
6 / 3 x 4 = 8
= = =
7 6 4
1 Like

Correct!

09/24/2022

Go from letter to letter horizontally, vertically, or diagonally in this grid to trace a continuous closed path that does not cross itself. The path uses all 25 letters and spells out five common five-letter words that begin with consecutive letters of the alphabet. What are the five words?

09/25/2022 Sticky Situation

Bohdan has a number of stickers. He gives 1/3 of his stickers away to Leonardo and 1/5 of the remaining stickers away to Kamal. Then they each give 3 stickers back. If Bohdan now has 190 stickers, how many stickers did he have originally?

9/24

first word is stumping me - the rest seems correct, or I can’t see where it isn’t

twang
upper
venue
waxen

9/25

1 Like
9/25

1 Like

Correct!

Hint: Perhaps it’s not the first word that is stumping you.

Thanks for the hint

9/24

TWANG
UPPER
VENUE
WAIST
XENON

1 Like

Correct!

twang
upper
venue
waist
xenon

1 Like

09/26/2022

Four answers in this small crossword are too long for their spaces and extend past the border by one letter at either the front of back. The four protruding letters, taken clockwise or counterclockwise from the top, spell two related bonus words. What are these words?

Across
1 Citrus fruit
5 Served perfectly
6 Ship’s freight
7 Haunting

Down
1 Doily material
2 Anglican cleric
3 Be worthy of
4 Small advantage

9/26

Summary