Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

09/27/2022 Treasures

Locate hidden treasures in 12 of the empty cells of this grid. The numbers outside the grid indicate how many treasures there are in each row or column. Each arrow points directly toward one or more of the treasures. An arrow may be immediately next to a treasure it points to, or it may be farther away. Not every treasure will necessarily have an arrow pointing to it. Can you locate the 12 treasures?

09/28/2022 Two Fives For A Ten

Starting on a letter in the longest row, spell out a 10-letter word going from letter to adjacent letter - horizontally, vertically, or diagonally - as you use every letter in the grid once. Then rearrange that 10-letter word into two 5-letter words that begin and end with the letters shown in rows at the bottom. What are the words?

9/27

Summary

1 Like

9/28

Summary

CENTENNIAL
ENACT
LINEN

1 Like

Correct!

correct!

09/29/2022 Spymaster

Deduce a secret number made of four different digits 1 through 9. The chart shows four guesses at the number, and a score for each guess using marbles. Any digit that appears in the secret number in the same position as in the guess is scored with a black marble. Any digit that appears in the secret number in a different position than in the guess is scored with a white marble. Any dig that is not in the secret number does not get a marble. It’s up to you to determine which digits are indicated by the marbles. Can you figure out the four-digit number?

09/30/2022 Boxed Mix

Unscramble the six words and enter them into the grid in some order so that the same words read across and down. One letter has been placed already. Watch out! Some scrambles may give more than one word, and only the correct six words will make the square.

S R E E L S
L O S O D E
A S P E E L
P A O L O H
D O T E D S
S E N T R A

9/29

1 Like

Correct!

9/30

Summary

1 Like

Correct!

10/01/2022 Fresh Faces

In each row, change the first letter of the two words to a different letter (the same letter for both) to form two new words. Write the new letter in the blank. What word is formed vertically by the new letters?

N E R D ___ C U R T
W I R Y ___ K N E W
R I P E ___ F O R M
F E E L ___ H E L P

10/02/2022 Getting OIder

Paloma is now five years older than Valentina. In six years, Paloma will be one-and-a-half times the age of Valentina. How old are they now?

10/1/22

herd - hurt
airy - anew
wipe - worm
keel - kelp

10/2/22

9 & 4

1 Like

Corrects!

both way too easy. First one I thought you had to replace 1st 2 letters, had a couple before I was stymied

10/03/2022 Split Ends

In this crossword, you are given the first and last letters of each word (six-letter words across and five-letter words down). To solve, fill in the central letters using the randomly ordered clues.

Clues: spelunking spot * nail file material * mitt * newspaper feature * back tooth * split, as hooves * bed covering

10/3

1 Like

Correct!