Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

09/17/2022 The Good Book

Start at the top and choose one letter from each successive row to form the names of six 6-letter Bible books. YOu may jump to any column as you go down. There is never a need to rearrange the letters, and every letter will be used exactly once. What are the six Bible books?

Hey a letter based puzzle I finished!

Daniel
Joshua
Exodus
Psalms
Romans
Isaiah

1 Like

Correct!

09/18/2022 Percent Puzzler

A number is increased by 30% and then the resulting number is decreased by 30%. The result is 63 less than the original number. What was the original number?

1 Like

Correct!

09/19/2022 Weave Made A Mess Of Things

In each puzzle below, the names of three items that fit the given category are interwoven (without scrambling) to form a string of letters, so that each word reads from left to right. Can you figure out what the three items are for each category?

1. Pirate things
    P T R A C E U A R T S L U R A R E S O S T

2. Seas
    B A A I L E R T I G I E S A C H N

3. Philosophers
    S K R O O I E R U C K S R S E E G A A A A R T E D U S

1. parrot; treasure; cutlass
  2. Baltic; Aegean; Irish
  3. Socrates; Kierkegaard; Rousseau
1 Like

Correct!

I expected them to be easy, but I had a very hard time with the pirate-y things.

i had the hardest time with the 2nd sea

09/20/2022 I Vant Your Blood!

The grid contains seven words associated with vampires that are spelled out in contiguous square that are joined along their edges. Can you thicken the borders around the words to show their locations?

just the words

cape
crucifix
garlic
fangs
dracula
coffin
transylvania

1 Like
9/20/2022

pretty

I never got around to posting the “Correct!” because I was debating whether the accidental re-use of a letter disqualified you. But I see it is oll korrect now.

09/21/2022 Place Your Chips

Put poker chips worth $5, $10, or $25 on the squares of this grid - but no more than one chip per square - so that their dollar values total the amount shown for each row, column, and long diagonal. Not every square will have a chip on it. Several chips and one blank square (designated by a star) have been placed to get you started.

9/21

1 Like

Correct!

09/22/2022 Mixed Company

Find anagrams for the words in each quartet so that all four words become items in a common category. It’s up to you to determin the category for each set. Can you figure them out?

1. DREAD, CAROB, SPA, PATINA
  2. RAIN, SERIAL, YASIR, MOAN
  3. CORKY, SWING, CHARS, STOPLIGHT
  4. MESHER, EARS, SHADE, SUEZ

snakes
middle east countries
an airplane crash? No its oscar winning films
greek gods/mythology

1 Like