Crazy weather thread

Temperatures are getting to below freezing at night and above freezing during the day.
We all know what that means!

2 Likes

Um, what?

Where lobbie lives, summer.

Yum! Happy sugaring!

It’s maple syrup season bud!
Freezing overnight+above freezing during the day makes the sap run.

1 Like

Holy :poop: : it’s a snowin’ big time here!!! :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow:

Snow plus thunder and lightning here.
Spouse drinking wine in the kitchen with the neighbour. I come up from studying to tell them that we had cancelled ice fishing tomorrow, but it’s back on again. We are just going to wait and leave a bit later. They were like, don’t you have to wait until they plow?
Plow what?
The lake.

Are you kidding me? I think that’s maybe enough wine for ‘the girls’ tonite.

1 Like

How do you get to your yurt from the shore? Walk or drive?
I do have an excuse for my ignorance: in SoCal, never done the ice fishing, though I have skated on a frozen pond in my yute. 50 years ago.

We were in Disney California Adventure on Wednesday, it snowed.

I mean not a lot but any snow in Anaheim is just not expected.

Park at a marina. Walk across the lake. A lot of people take snowmobiles. I have a big industrial toboggan that we load all our equipment on and drag. Hut, auger, heater, gear, etc.

The hut is just a heavy duty 8x8 popup that’s 7 feet high, so lots of room. And we have special ice spikes to tie it down.

Sometimes the ice is clear of snow then it’s just like walking across a rink. Today might be a bit more fun with a foot or two of snow on top, so I’ll wear gaters.
A lot of folks bring snowmobiles to travel around on the ice but I don’t have one, so we walk.

It gets busy out there, probably a thousand people in the bay where we are going.

There’s everything out there. Some people spend thousands on equipment, there’s permanent shelters the marinas rent. Then there’s people with an auger, a rod, and a bucket to sit on.

1 Like

Sounds like fun!

We had some thunder snow from one of our recent storms. It was at night so not many people really got to experience it. I didn’t here anything, though I have heard thunder snow with lightning before.

We had about 3 lightning flashes and thunder. Haven’t seen that happen in winter for at least a a decade. :canada:

Gawd it’s beautiful where i am right now.
Justin winery for its Isosceles release party.

Saturday was beautiful on the lake. First time ever having any success ice fishing for me.

3 Likes

That looks like a great day. How thick is the ice?

Pollen count here yesterday was 1605. This is the earliest date to hit the “extreme” range in the 30 years of pollen data. February saw a record number of days that the count was in the “high” range with 14.The previous record was 10 days set in Feb. 2017.

We’ll probably hit a record high temp tomorrow so it may go higher.

8 inches or.more I think. Pretty thick.

1 Like

TWSS

1 Like

From the face-half-priced-books:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=981238833291907&set=a.939098717505919

1 Like