COVID Two-timers Club

I probably mentioned this before, but last time i flew, as the place was boarding, i saw a guy wearing a mask on his chin in the middle of the crowd of people trying to get into the plane. WTF? There was no mask requirement. More than 75% of the people i saw wore no mask at all. I can see wearing it on your chin as a place to store it for those few minutes you plan to wear it… But what few minutes could those possibly be that are riskier than the huddle around the entrance?

1 Like

Did he have facial hair too?

No. Or if he did, it was entirely hidden by the mask.

I joined the two-timers club today. Today I was achy, slightly congested, slight runny nose, tired, so I took a test tonight and could already tell at about the 3 minute mark what the result was.

2 Likes

i only found my invite today. But I got in last week. Still feel like garbage when I wake up. Headache. once the ibuprofen and caffeine kicks in I’m ok, but I don’t use those when I sleep. had a couple of rough days with huge chills - sleeping in gloves and hat under all the blankets, although it wasn’t really sleeping bc I was shivering the whole time until i nodded off and woke with massive night sweats. but looking back at how I felt last week, I was coming down with it on Monday and declared myself sick wednesday and tested thursday.

4 Likes

Yikes! That sounds pretty miserable.

I’m in the two timers club now. Both times I caught it in Europe. Pretty sure I caught it traveling to Europe the first time, and pretty sure I caught it there this time. If I had to guess when I caught it, best guess would be on crowded trains/subways. There were a lot ot people coughing and sniffling on transit. Of course I could have caught it anywhere.

2 Likes

Forgot I had night sweats the first time. My shirt and sheets would be soaked. Never experienced that before.

I googled at the time and it wasn’t shown as a COVID symptom, but maybe it is now.

Breaking a fever will do that, I think. I get night sweats after a fever. And a large steak the day before.

1 Like