Covid 19 Vaccine Side Effects Thread

I am now exactly one week post shot. Knot and pain disappeared a couple days ago. Only remaining symptom is a rash on my upper arm near the injection site that itches a little. A little googling tells me “COVID Arm” is a thing.

:grimacing: i spoke too soon. it’s been a while since i got the vaccine so not sure if that’s the reason my cycle is extremely off right now.

If I die, miss me.

2 Likes

Did you meet anyone at the clinic?

1 Like

by off, i mean, extremely early, not late.

1 Like

Maybe you’re syncing with Rachel?

Got 1st Pfizer shot last Tues afternoon . . . and then proceeded to drive for 15+ hours over the next 1.5 days.

Mild soreness at the injection site during that time. Some fatigue during days 3 and 4 post-injection.

Right now, feel well.

Will be interesting to see how shot #2 goes.

That would be enough for me to feel “some fatigue”.

Update from the venue:
They are only asking us to wear masks indoors, and when we can’t space ourselves out, such as when they pack us on a boat to bring us to the place. (It’s all island.)

They are also asking us to tell them who our “cohort” is, and each cohort will be given its own table for meals. Meals are served outdoors (on a porch with a roof, but no screens) so I guess they plan to space out the tables.

So I can hang out and socialize at the dock mask less.

They are requesting that everyone be fully vaccinated prior to arrival, and say they might ask us to get tested, as well. I bet they don’t, but i suppose I’ll find out.

I actually enjoy driving. And this trip was taking a different route than I normally take, so seeing something “different.”

And by “different,” I meant it wasn’t really anything new, but much of the later part of the trip reminded me of what I would drive when I was growing up.

So the fatigue I felt I knew wasn’t due to travel. The fatigue I felt was likely exacerbated by being at a much higher elevation, but it was “more” than what I felt when I was here only a couple of weeks ago (spring break).

1 Like

Just a very sore shoulder after dose 2. Got it yesterday so hoping that’s all.

3 Likes

I just had a sore shoulder after my second dose.
It was Saturday, mid-day, and we planned to be lazy and did nothing on Sunday

Not sure if I would have felt fatigued if I tried to be active.

Had some mild to moderate fatigue and aches from about 12 hours after Pfizer dose 2 until about 24 hours after getting it. Most of that was overnight and of minimal consequence (other than less than great sleep). Mid-morning appointment is good if that is the normal timing for side effects.

48 hours out from Pfizer dose 2. hardly any injection site soreness. had a low grade fever yesterday, which i noticed in the afternoon. I think my normal morning routine this time of year might of helped as i usually pop some decongestant and ibuprofen to combat my seasonal allergies.

Husband got Pfizer #2 yesterday evening - I noticed he was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, and reported a headache this morning. He still made me my morning cappuccino because he’s a doll. Will monitor the sitch and report back as events unfold.

2 Likes

A G.I. Joe doll?
:stuck_out_tongue:

So husband and I seem to have both experienced the same, lesser known, post-second-shot side effect which included being fully prepared to pack it in the next day in terms of work, but not actually feeling bad enough to take the day off, resulting in us both deciding just to nap the whole thing off.

Ancillary impacts included me not having anybody to make my lunch, and only 1 coffee service so far :cry:.

1 Like

My wife had 2nd shot of AZ vaccine 3 weeks back.

Temperature spiked to 39.5C (103.3F)

This was after roughly 12 hours of jab.

Trended down after 3 days.

Are you vaxxed, yet?

Eta: never mind, i saw the other thread.

27 hrs after dos dose. arm a little sore, not much else. a little achy.

didn’t even have the arm pain after first

2 Likes

I mostly got:

1. Joint pain
  2. Muscle pain
  3. Massive headache (was bad for 2 days. Was like a migraine. Awful)

A lot of my co-workers have called in sick after the shots. You just can’t work properly. I scheduled my shots on Friday mornings to avoid this problem.

My temperature only got to 38.0C, but I used enough paracetamol to sink the titanic in order to keep the temperature down.