Codenames! Round 5

Round 5! Here are the words:

Net \color{DodgerBlue}{Bass} \color{Red}{Spine} Pew \color{Red}{Capital}
\color{Red}{Germany} \color{DodgerBlue}{Beard} \color{Red}{Brain} Bunk \color{Tan}{Strike}
\color{Red}Cricket \color{DodgerBlue}{Heart} \color{Red}{Saddle} \color{DodgerBlue}{Driver} Horseshoe
Ski Pupil Pound \color{DodgerBlue}{Sister} \color{DodgerBlue}{Figure}
Boxer \color{DodgerBlue}{Knight} \color{Red}{Ring} Fan Patient
Rules

Please put your official guess in BOLD CAPS

The team guessing first will have 9 words, the team guessing second will have 8 words.
There is one assassin word. If guessed, this word ends the game.

The full rules are here

https://howdoyouplayit.com/codename-rules-how-do-you-play-the-codename-board-game/

I’d like to call out these rules for valid clues:

Your clue must be about the “meaning” of the word. You can’t give a clue towards its spelling or letter arrangements.

You may not use the number as part of the clue.

You may not use a foreign language to identify the word unless its a commonly used/accepted word in the language being used for the game.

You may not use a word that is an active codename in any of your clues. You may regain the use of that word if the codename is revealed. You may spell out your clue if it will help avoid confusion between two words that sound the same or if you don’t want to commit to a specific pronunciation of a word that has more than one meaning. Another player may also request a clue spelled out.

And I’m going to arbitrarily rule that proper names, Titles, Movies etc. and common compound words are okay as clues, but homonyms, abbreviations, acronyms, and rhymes are not allowed.

ALSO, arbitrarily ruling that google isn’t allowed, either for cluing or for guessing.

All team chatter should be in this thread.
Teams should discuss their choice before making it, but anyone can make a choice. Please try to include all your teammates in the discussion, at least if they are around.

\color{DodgerBlue}\boldsymbol{\underline{{Blue\space{}Team}}} - 9 words

\color{Red}\boldsymbol{\underline{{Red\space{}Team}}} - 8 words

Blue team starts!

Clues:

\color{DodgerBlue}{Female,\space{}2}
Sister is a blue word
Blue team passes

\color{Red}{Back,\space{}3}
Spine is a red word
Saddle is a red word
Strike is a neutral word

\color{DodgerBlue}{Heroic,\space{}4}
Knight is a blue word
Figure is a blue word
Heart is a blue word
Ring is a red word

\color{Red}{Golf,\space{}0}
Driver is a blue word

\color{DodgerBlue}{Instrument,\space{}2}
Bass is a blue word
Capital is a red word

\color{Red}{Berlin,\space{}2}
Germany is a red word
Brain is a red word
Red team passes

\color{DodgerBlue}{Gentleman,\space{}2}
Beard is a blue word
Cricket is a red word

\color{red}Bed, 1
Bunk is a red word

\color{DodgerBlue}{\boldsymbol{\underline{Blue \space{} Team}}}
@Tiffany – spymaster
@John.S.Mill – operative
@BruteForce – operative
@Snake – operative
@Lucy – operative
@OddSox - operative

\color{red}{\boldsymbol{\underline{Red \space{} Team}}}
@S.Morgenstern - spymaster
@Rastiln - operative
@IPD - operative
@MayanActuary -operative
@soyleche -operative

If anyone is lurking and wants to play. Please join us!

If you’d like to switch BF and I, I’m willing to SpyMaster for a different team.

Note that I’ll be off for the next hour, though.

Thanks for clarifying!

Using excel to randomly assign teams.

Somethings up with the team lists @snoo

I would vote for same teams, but I am loyal to a fault

As before, if i don’t respond within some reasonable time (15 minutes? Less?) assume I’m busy and feel free to guess without my input.

At the moment, it looks like snake, Lucy, and oddsox are on both teams.

Okay, fixed

Check teams, they’ve been randomized. Make sure you’re on a list! I think this is a great way to get to know each other and to avoid bitter battles. This is all in good fun!

I can only edit one post at a time… sorry! Be patient with me. OLD PERSON AT THE HELM!!!

Looks like @Tiffany and @John.S.Mill kicked me off the Blue team. Bad choice, you will regret this!

1 Like

@BruteForce add me to your secret codenames group for round 4 so I can steal your awesome color coding! Thanks bunches!

WIll do.

I would NEVAH.

1 Like

Hmm, both teams you say. Seems appropriate for me.

@snoo BTW, I can’t tell from the post what team I’m on. Some weird message, “Undefined control sequence \color”

@Snake You are blue.