• Group A: Manchester City, Paris Saint Germain, RB Leipzig, Club Brugge
  • Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan
  • Group C: Sporting, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Besiktas
  • Group D: Inter MIlan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff
  • Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv
  • Group F: Villarreal, Manchester United, Atalanta, Young Boys
  • Group G: Lille, Sevilla, Red Bull Salzburg, Wolfsburg
  • Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Malmo

If Ronaldo ends up getting the transfer to MNC, Group A gets even more interesting.

TOT win yesterday, should walk through this new tournament, secure Europa League Group Stage for next year. But, some upset third-place team from this year’s Europa League could make things more interesting.

Messi plays a little bit on Sunday. More like Meh-ssi, amirite???

Anywho, not sure who feeds beIN (has to be the feed, because they get the following right for La Liga), but they’ve got to change their score bug (the graphic that shows the score and the names of the teams). No differentiation of the teams’ names’ backgrounds or their font! Sure, PSG is usually in blue, but one of these days they won’t be. As a new “fan” of Ligue Un, I need to know which team is which.

Oh, and need Ray Hudson. This color guy is also Meh.

Just can’t get excited about this Europa Conference League competition. Much rather see Tottenham spend their energy on trying for a top four EPL finish so they can play with the big boys in the Champions League.

I don’t think the competition will be too tough for the Group Stage. Second string can hold off all comers IMO.
They should strive to come in first or third or fourth. Second place means two more matches. Thing is, I think these matches count toward Euro Coefficients. The FA will want to keep its current #1 ranking.

Interesting. My knowledge of geography is excellent but I had to look up Rennes, Vitesse and Mura, the teams in Spurs’ group. Hopefully they can rest Kane and Son for these games!

Are you hoping they can rest Kane so he’s healthy for City’s knockout games?

Woopsie, Manchester United gift a winner to Young Boys at the final whistle, Pefok nets another CL goal.

Ronaldo scores again but a ManU red card gave YB a leg up for most of the match.

1 Like

That was not offside by Dynamo Kiev, far as I could see. Second set of eyes didn’t get it right.

Alright, EFL Cup sponsored by some Thai drink, up this mid-week.
On ESPN+, which means I won’t be seeing any of it.

Would be nice to have Disney+ show a replay a day later or so. No skin off their noses.

I had ESPN+ in 2019, but cancelled it in early 2020 due to events being cancelled due to COVID. I had been planning to restart it now that ESPN has La Liga among other things I like, and finally bit the bullet today and paid for a year.

Watched Atletico Madrid have a great comeback win vs Getafe, and now am tuning in to Fulham v Leeds

I live In England and have the same trouble. I usually look them up on Youtube after a few days. However, I’m only interested in Everton and won’t bother when they lose.

These Mid-Bottom of the table PL teams vs Mid-Top of the table Championship teams in Cup matchups are great. 4 such matchups today, 3 went to shootouts, 2 PL sides sent packing

In Everton’s case, they fielded a weaker side having some key injuries. Just looking at who was playing made me feel like we would probably lose. In Watford’s case, recently promoted side beaten by Stoke not that surprising either.

MUN gets a little more rest now.

Something from ESPN that bugs me:

City came from a goal behind to beat League 1 outfit Wycome Wanderers on Tuesday and dodged a tie against local rivals Manchester United, who suffered a 1-0 home defeat to West Ham on Wednesday.

Um, they were not scheduled to play the winner of the MUN-WHU match. The draw was held Wednesday AFTER the MUN-WHU match was over.

This is common in sports reporting. They assume that had the result gone the other way, then the draw would have played out exactly the same but with say Man United in place of West Ham. This is not necessarily the case but reporters often assume that it is.

1 Like

The #14 ball was assigned to WestHam/ManUnited earlier in the morning, and if the game had been postponed for whatever reason they still would have done the draw anyway. I think the fact that the ball was assigned to the winner of the game before the game is over makes it more ‘real’ or something to people. I don’t really get it either but I think people like to think about what ifs

I wish I had my choice of champions league games today, but I only get PSG vs Man City.

Messi just scored his first PSG goal to go up 2-0. Real Madrid is tied late at home vs Sheriff Tiraspol…eta Real just got taken down by a Sheriff goal at 89’.Another edit: Atletico Madrid steals one late at AC Milan. They were down 1-0 late, Griezmann scored at 84’ then Suarez gets the PK at 90+7!

I think I paid $50 for a year of Paramount+, getting all UCL games, all away USMNT road qualifiers, and I think every non-US Concacaf qualifiers. Seems like a decent deal.

There are also a whole bunch of other soccer leagues on there that I haven’t watched a minute of yet.