Christmas Movies

Better add Star Wars: A New Hope to that particular list.
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Come on!
Christmas in July is a tradition!!

1 Like

This reminded me of this thread:

1 Like

6 Likes

The best holiday movie is a little 22 minute film called “The Strike”, otherwise known as Seinfeld, season 9, episode 10.

1 Like

Oh come on, that’s ridiculous. They’ve got at least 3 different plots for their 857,000 movies:

1. Small town girl moves to the big city and finds love
  2. Big city career girl moves to / visits a small town and finds love
  3. Girl realizes that her first love is way better than her current jerk fiancé
2 Likes

It’s called “humor.”

1 Like

Doesn’t look like an arm to me.

1 Like

it’s not a humor

5 Likes

My husband and I watch this every December 23rd while we wrap presents. It’s a nice tradition.

Watched A Hollywood Christmas on HBO last night. It’s a movie about making a “Hallmark” Christmas movie and the plot of the movie follows the plot of the “Hallmark” movie. The assistant to the director even announces each of the plot devices as they happen, before they happen or right after they happen. It is either a really bad movie or an incredibly clever spoof of all these types of movies. Not sure which.

1 Like

No Curious George Christmas? I love that one!

Well I have developed a thing for Dolly in the last couple years and my favorite Hallmark movie this year was Christmas at Dollywood. Typical Hallmark plot with a child in the mix. And with Dolly.

I already canceled the Hallmark subscription. I have it for 2 more weeks.

1 Like

I watched that last year and enjoyed it.

1 Like

I like CBS’s Must Love Christmas.

Bump

I have a complaint to lodge:
“RTRNR” was being shown on NBC the other night, but YouTubeTV had it blacked out, said it could not be streamed.
Why TF do I pay for YouTubeTV if a streamer can, hypothetically, block any content it “owns the rights to” from it?
In this case, I believe it is AppleTV, and they are charging its subscribers extra for it.

Not sure if they are charging to see how much revenue / how many suckers they’ll get, whether the fee will be reduced or increased the closer we get to Xmas, or whether I can watch it for free in July.
At the moment, I do not plan to watch it. Yes, I am such a misfit, but I’m not a nitwit. My nonconformity I shall wear on my sleeve!

3 Likes

We have that one (and many more) ripped to our personal Plex server.

We want to make sure we have a core of movies for our private use bc of such bullshit.

This is still the one.

1 Like

NSFW language:

1 Like

I subscribe to the Hallmark Channel on prime 2 months each year.

1 Like