Christmas Movies

Where do you land on the Christmas Movie alignment chart?

Top left bleeding into the middle. I wonā€™t be sad if I never watch Die Hard again & The Boy Wizard is not a Christmas movie. But White Christmas is. How is White Christmas at the bottom?

1 Like

I was wondering about that too, but:

It doesnā€™t take place ā€œonā€ Christmas, just around the same time. Christmas itself has little if anything to do with it (the song notwithstanding).

And there really isnā€™t much of a message to the movie at all.

Itā€™s a fun showcase of some wonderful talent, and we watch it every year. I can see why it was categorized that way though.

White Christmas seems like it belongs in the middle. Generosity, kindness, forgiveness togetherness could all be considered ā€œChristmas themesā€ IMO.

I think Iā€™m primarily upper and center left, with some carryover into upper center & center center in terms of what I consider a Christmas movie.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember if the opening scene is on Christmas. It might fit in the lower left, but I think they wants die hard to be alone there.

They are also the themes of every other movie musical made in the ā€˜50s.

1 Like

Nightmare Before Christmas could go in the center/center.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d place it center-center or left-center.

Pass

1 Like

why is LOTR a xmas movie

1 Like

Left is more important to me than message, but Iā€™ll allow the center column if otherā€™s want to watch. The image is also lacking in Hallmark/Netflix Christmas Movies.

1 Like

How is ā€œA Quiet Placeā€ about the true meaning of Christmas?

Iā€™m total left (Setting Purist) column. My 3-movie Christmas Eve binge is:

Die Hard
Scrooged
Elf

Iā€™ll probably watch Christmas Vacation about 6 times leading up to it, so I got that going for me.

My idea of good, clean Christmas fare:

Donā€™t forget the guy is a widowed dad with an 8 year old daughter

2 Likes

elf is cute

Itā€™s A Wonderful Life: Christmas and cash value life insurance!

I always wondered if the insurance policy was over 2 years old, so the suicide clause was expired. I assume it was, as the cash value had accumulated a little. I wonder if it was on 41CSO.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

1 Like

I do believe that all Hallmark Christmas movies would in the ā€œleft, centerā€ cell.

I think every other Hallmark movie would be in the ā€œtop, centerā€ cell.