Christmas Movies

So those would be in the same category as Lord of the Rings then.

Watching the Muppet Christmas Carol presently.

3 Likes

Agree

Like non-Christmas cheesy Hallmark flicks? You think those are more about the “true meaning of Christmas” than the Christmas movies???

I think other Hallmark movies would be in the right center. Did you pick the wrong category here???

The lord of the rings makes absolutely no sense to me in this chart.

Someone thinks that any resurrection is about Christmas, maybe? I agree that that’s dumb.

That would be more of an Easter thing

I still think “A Quiet Place” being on the top row is the most insane thing about this chart

Netflix cheesy Christmas movies of 2022 review-

Lindsay Lohan one: Worst one from the batch this year. Skip.
A Castle for Christmas: Worth the watch (assuming you like the genre) likely best one of the new ones this year.

I’m not an expert on Tolkien, but here’s one take on the Christian symbolism. There are a lot out there.

Oh, there definitely a lot of Christian symbolism. I’m not seeing obvious “Christmas themes” though.

I think they’re using a pretty loose definition of “Christmas themes” like kindness and selflessness. Good triumphing over evil is why Christ came into the world, so that’s a Christmas theme.

So would half of the movies they have in the bottom right.

Yeah; I intended either right center (as you suggest) or center-center.

1 Like

You might be right that this one could be the worst of the batch (we haven’t watched all of them); but my wife and I enjoyed it for the most part. Perhaps because we enjoyed Overboard (which this one seems to be a variation of) and liked seeing the transformation of Lohan’s character (a la Overboard). Agree that it’s not a particular strong movie, but we did enjoy it.

My wife like the genre, so I’ll let her know that this one might be a good one to watch (if she hasn’t already).

1 Like

Everything in the top right is just idiotic to consider a Christmas movie.

And where is “Love Actually” on the chart?
It should be definitely in top left.

Also, anything released outside of the holiday season should be 100% excluded from this chart and stop being referred to as a “Christmas Movie”

And no, “two weeks after independence day” does not count as Holiday Season.

1 Like

The lord of the rings movies were all released in December, so maybe that’s why people associate them with Christmas.

2 Likes

I can see that association because of when they were released, but they don’t have any christmas themes, which is what the chart claims.

Heck, the last two Matrix movies were released during the holidays, and have even more of “if you look really hard you can find a Christ theme” to them.

1 Like

I think I could be convinced that the matrix belongs in the center right.