Children should be seen, but not heard

Their voices pierce my brain!!! and they keep going over to my neighbors for candy.

can we just muzzle them all?

discuss

(also, the GoActuary gods seem to think my excellent thread topic is similar to “2020 Electoral College Predictions Discussion” and “CL, EL, Cup and non-EPL League discussion”. what’s up with that?)

lol

Are you sure you want them seen?

if they refrain from making any noise what so ever, including opening their mouths to talk or stomping their feet or running or anything else that makes noise, i don’t care if they are seen. they are little balls of loud piercing evil.

halloween in an apartment building should be outlawed.

Lol. We just left a bin of candy outside the house with a sign saying take one and no one rang our bell. The candy lasted quite a while meaning that most kids (and parents) were mostly honest:p

people were pretty honest with my bin of a big pile of nothing too.

for the longest time I thought it was tricker treat

1 Like

:iatp:

No, on the contrary, children and noise makers in general are a thief of my joy.

I don’t sense a great deal of joy coming from your corner, tbh

2 Likes

Correct, because noisemakers are stealing my joy. They are a bunch of joy thieves

Go get a bag of Oreos - that might help.

:wink:

get off my lawn

Something tells me if you lived in the 'burbs, yours would be the house with the “NOT HOME” sign on the front door for Halloween.

4 Likes

Next year, just go to the bar from 3 pm to 9 pm.

2 Likes

A sign? No. I just wouldn’t answer the door. Why would you ever put a sign up to advertise that you’re not home?

Anyway, trick or treats in the suburbs are not annoying like in an apartment building. I still probably wouldn’t give them candy, but they would not bother me

Do idiots still have egg and shaving cream wars in the suburbs like they did when I was a kid? I think that was cracked down on, but that would annoy me.

Trick or treaters in the burbs are fine though

So the trick-or-treaters:

a) If you AREN’T home: won’t waste their time trudging up the walk, ringing the bell, waiting for someone to answer, no one comes, they move along, wasting 2 mintues of precious T-o-T time.

b) If you ARE home: won’t waste their time trudging up the walk, ringing the bell, waiting for someone to answer, no one comes, they move along, wasting 2 mintues of precious T-o-T time and annoying you with constant bell ringing.

That’s just sad…

1 Like