Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, & Starbucks

We’re avoiding grocery stores, too. We’ve been shopping once or twice a month, and cooking for ourselves. But the numbers are going down, and we plan to start getting takeout again soon.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m not quite as worried about the hazards of takeout food itself, it’s more the risk of going indoors to pick it up or paying someone that goes indoors many times a day all over the city to come deliver my food. We do a little takeout, and I’ve eaten outdoors at a restaurant with well spaced tables a handful of times over the past year.

I used to eat restaurant meals multiple times/week, so that’s been a big change for me.

Yeah, I love eating at a fancy restaurant. And I love the variety of food you can get by eating at different restaurants. I don’t have anything like the time or energy or ingredients to do all that at home. I miss that. Not as much as I miss social stuff with friends, but I miss restaurants a lot.

You’ve never had rice-thru? It’s Korean…

1 Like

I’ve had rice go through me because of Korean food…

1 Like

lol

1 Like

I did 22 trips in 2019, mostly work. So I never thought I’d say this, but I’m really looking forward to getting on an airplane again.

1 Like

One take out place I’ve done a few times installed a takeout window out on the sidewalk. I feel pretty safe getting food that way so I’ve hit them up the most.

1 Like

My travel has been more for personal reasons than professional. Yeah, I’m looking forward to flying. Places to go, people to see.

Places to see, people to do.

Go to a far-away city AND eat at a fancy restaurant. Win win! Really hoping we can start to put the pandemic behind us, or at least far enough off to the side that there is a sense of normalcy. Would love to see some live music this year.

2 Likes

I would be so happy to never get on an airplane again. Flying is so unnatural! Opposed to driving, which is how the cavemen did it.

I’ve done the Europe thing a few times. I’m good.

I’d feel the same way if I had to fly domestic economy all the time.

But I get upgraded enough for domestic to not care anymore, and international premium/business is a must imo.

I don’t like sitting in cramped airplane seats, but i adore looking out the window. There’s something magically about watching the ground drop say m away. And there’s nothing cooler than flying over mountains.

Hell, i spend time in minecraft just flying around for the thrill of it.

I used to be mesmerized, now I avoid the window seat because I hate asking people to move when I need to pee!

Also, my butt literally hurts when I sit for more than 4 hours.

I was super duper impressed with Wal-Mart when they first came to my area in the mid-1990s. Clean, super friendly & helpful staff, great prices.

But they’ve gone way downhill in the last 25 years.

I was just in there because they are close and their website said they had an item in stock (specified 3 at the close location) and I didn’t want to wait 2 days to get it from Amazon. But of course they were actually completely out and the website was just plain wrong.

Of all the things this is the one I miss the most. I had tickets in October to see a band I had been wanting to see fore 3 years. They are a small name band from San Francisco called The Monophonics. They go on like two 3 week tours a year and they rarely come East. Last January they scheduled a 4 week tour and we’re coming to a club Cincinnati on May, the October, then cancelled.

Also Louisville was revving up a huge concert festival 3 week deal and last year they cancelled. This year they just announced that it will only be 1 weekend instead of 3 which means it’s going to be scaled back. This was stuff I enjoyed a ton. It’s going to be interesting to see how fast concerts come back.

My next big concert I want to see is Arctic Monkeys. Hoping for a US Tour sometime soon.

I just wanna go into the city and brunch with aof

1 Like

Have you had Five Guys!?