Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, & Starbucks

I am a Starbucks lover, a Chick-Fil-A fan, and a father of 2 teens. I end up at these 3 places quite often. All 3 are a marvel of operational efficiency. What other companies are as well run or close to as well run as those places?

In N Out

2 Likes

Where does McD’s fit into this?

FTR, I don’t see every McD’s run at the same level of efficiency that I’ve seen with Starbucks & Chick-Fil-A.

1 Like

I think we need to revive the Upscale Restuarant thread!!! :smiley:

1 Like

The McD near me is old and dirty and slow. But it IS one of the earlier McD’s, so I thought it might be an outlier.

The McDonald’s nearest to me is super busy. 4 years ago they closed it, tore it down, rebuilt a brand new McDonald’s, then reopened the new one in 32 days.

Poor Nick has to be content with McD’s, with their frozen patties and pre-cut frozen fries.

I waited forever at the Chick-fil-A last Sunday. Finally I just left.

1 Like

I have no hate towards McD.

Big Mac is still one of the best burger inventions periodT

I was in Peru for a month, eating in people’s houses, without any gastro-intestinal problems. Then I had the opportunity to go to a McD’s and have a Big Mac, and the problems started. Granted - fast food in Peru… Still, it soured me a bit on the Big Mac.

Personally - in my opinion the best fast food burger is the Whopper.

1 Like

Yes. Big Mac and Whopper are the best burgers invented ever. Not even in just the fast food category. In the burger category period

Yet - my favorite fast food place to go to is Wendy’s. I’m not entirely sure I can articulate why, but if there is a Wendy’s around, I’ll opt for it.

The service has been so atrocious at my nearby Wendy’s that I will never go back there.

On the flip side, Taco Bell and Arby’s are the least efficient, near me. Arby’s is worth the wait once in a while, but Taco Bell never is.

2 Likes

I like visiting my local Wendy’s, Arby’s and Chick-Fil-A. The service is good and the food is predictable. I haven’t been to McDonalds nor Burger King for years. Neither the service nor food was any good.

I think my favorite fast food is kentucky fried chicken. (Or other fried chicken places, but that’s been the most accessible to me.)

I’ll admit I’ve only tried it once, but I waited forever for the food after I ordered there.

I quite like KFC. While I accept that it absolutely is fast food - it feels like it’s something more.

I practically lived at Starbucks before the lockdown. **** COVID!!! :mask: :cry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

When I lived in Florida, I loved What-A-Burger. I think they prepared burgers with the least # of errors in comparison to McDs and BK, as it was more build your own burger.

Huzzah.