ChatGPT Chatbot

I asked for some help on an actuarial guideline. It sent me to the NAIC home page with instructions on what to click to find what I wanted. The page must have been redesigned since none of items I was supposed to click exist on that page.

2 Likes

Work just (Wednesday) banned us from using ChatGPT for work purposes. I haven’t asked to comtinue to use for SQL or other programming.

1 Like

Did they assume people were just playing around?

Seems like when places banned this place or the AO. I first got involved in Actuaries Online because I was in a one person shop and didn’t want to bug/get charged by our consultants all the time for little questions. And later, especially on the AO, there were tons of great learning threads. But it can be a great time waster as well.

They didn’t explain. One thing I would be worried about is that people will take the response as infallible and not look closely at what it is responding. I tried to ask a question about a specific regulation, and it said “not in my learning set”. I don’t know what would have happened if I copied the regs in, but I wouldn’t want someone sending proprietary data to get analysis.

that sucks.

I use it for coding and I must say it significantly increased my work efficiency, just because I’m not the most stellar programmer.

1 Like

This is really where the issue lies. There is a warning on the site not to upload confidential or proprietary data because everything is saved. We started discussing this last week and are in the process of trying to draft some guidelines. We elected not to place an outright ban on its usage during that process.

1 Like

I wonder if google saves everything. Would companies ban google?

Ditto^ :infinity:

we'll get there...eventually

me: what’s the name of the wash board player for tuba skinny?

ChatGPT: The washboard player for Tuba Skinny is named Shaye Cohn. She is also one of the band’s founders, and she plays several other instruments, including the cornet and piano.

me: No, she doesn’t play washboard.

ChatGPT: I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. The washboard player for Tuba Skinny is actually Barnabus Jones.

me: No, he’s the trombonist.

ChatGPT: I apologize for the confusion. The washboard player for Tuba Skinny is actually Max Bien-Kahn.

me: No, I think he plays guitar or banjo.

ChatGPT: I apologize for the mistake again. Tuba Skinny’s current washboard player is actually Todd Burdick. Thank you for your patience!

me: No, he’s the Tuba in Tuba Skinny.

ChatGPT: I apologize for the error in my previous response. Tuba Skinny’s washboard player is actually Robin Rapuzzi. Thank you for your patience and for correcting me.

me: Yes, Robin Rapuzzi is the washboard player. He’s a pleasure to watch & listen to.

ChatGPT: I’m glad we were finally able to identify the correct washboard player for Tuba Skinny! And I agree, Robin Rapuzzi is an amazing musician and performer. Tuba Skinny is lucky to have him in their band.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ZachWeiner/status/1631463481357615107

1 Like

The upgrade seems like it’s a lot better, which will make it worse for a lot of white collar workers, maybe truck driver was the better career path

1 Like

Wonder if they used it to fill out a bracket.

3 Likes

I have often wondered if we’ll just invent super-intelligent conscious machines to solve level 5 driving.

Now I’m wondering if we’ll invent them to solve level 3 driving.

Maybe they can just feed GPT-4 pictures of the road.

Isn’t truck driver one of the places that has been shown to be overtaken by AI already? I thought a number of companies are currently using “driverless” trucks in and/or through AZ.

“Driverless” because while the truck drives itself they currently continue to require having a person sitting in the drivers seat to take over just in case.

Only on the “open road” . . . like once you’re on an interstate.

However, I doubt that AI is navigating these trucks in more urban areas . . . or backing them up to the loading dock without some form of human oversight of the operation.

bots have plagued the gaming industry for years!

it’s just bots playing bots for some games

Doesn’t do too well with Seinfeld characters, either…

chat about nothing

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

This is a famous line from the TV show “Seinfeld”. In the episode, one of the characters, named Jerry, is an actor in a low-budget film, and he has a small role where he says the line “These pretzels are making me thirsty!” repeatedly. Later on in the episode, the other characters try to help him get the inflection right for the line, and they all end up saying it in different ways.

The line has become a popular catchphrase and is often used humorously or ironically to express a feeling of thirst or craving, or simply as a reference to the show.

It wasn’t Jerry.

I apologize for the mistake. You are correct that the line “These pretzels are making me thirsty!” was not spoken by Jerry Seinfeld, but by another character, named George Costanza, in the TV show “Seinfeld”.

In the episode, George is attempting to land a role in a Woody Allen film and uses the line as a way to demonstrate his acting abilities. The line has since become one of the show’s most memorable and frequently quoted moments.

It wasn’t George, either.

I apologize for my previous errors. Upon checking my sources, I see that the line “These pretzels are making me thirsty!” was actually spoken by the character of Cosmo Kramer, played by Michael Richards, in the “Seinfeld” episode titled “The Alternate Side”.

In the episode, Kramer gets a small role in a Woody Allen movie, and he has difficulty delivering the line with the right inflection, so the other characters try to help him practice. The line has since become a popular catchphrase and a memorable moment from the show.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous responses.

this ain’t chatGPT, but some people need to be careful what they let get out onto their systems:

https://twitter.com/guntrip/status/1640695226728587264

2 Likes