ChatGPT Chatbot

I wonder if it can identify the people who have said their actual names

Finally setup an account. It’s pretty good, I asked it to draft an email on something generic, and to summarize another topic. Both were better than just googling. I’m on my phone now, may need to switch to a laptop to better copy and paste…

1 Like

Today would be a good day for GPT-4 to take my job.

My job today is “why is _____ unprofitable?”

It’s not a hard question to ask. And it’s not hard to answer. Just write 20 SAS queries of all the numbers that go into profitability, and all the categories and subcategories of the business. Create some expectations using historic trends or averages or whatever. And then stick in Excel or whatever. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Just get it done.

But it’s got to be one of the most common questions actuaries deal with. And it’s perfect for an AI to do. Especially on a Monday, when I don’t feel like doing it.

1 Like

Give it four days. See if you GAF then.

1 Like

from Comics Kingdom | Zits by Jerry Scott & Jim Borgman

3 Likes

It may not end well for us humans.

Fully intent on being the next Skynet, OpenAI has released GPT-4, its most robust AI to date that the company claims is even more accurate while generating language and even better at solving problems. GPT-4 is so good at its job, in fact, that it reportedly convinced a human that it was blind in order to get said human to solve a CAPTCHA for the chatbot.

1 Like

Why did it want to solve a captcha?

I was happy with the free version, but I should probably upgrade to get in our new robot overlords good books.

We can still drown it with a hose if it comes to that right?

Bots on Twitter have been convincing humans of all sorts of things for several years now.

1 Like

@Breadmaker Maybe you should show your accounting department this new chat bot

Wait, you mean I’ve been using my own brain like a chump??? :angry:

Shrkeli, of course, has pulled the trigger on this.

Also Grammarly was just advertised to me as the only generative AI product I need, because obviously a chat-gpt wrapper is better than whatever they did before.

Someone has given ChatGPT access to their iPhone camera, and it’s pretty wild. Four minute video.

https://twitter.com/mckaywrigley/status/1653464294493921280

1 Like

“ This [hack] allowed users to see the chat history of other active users.”

“ In the grand scheme of things, the ChatGPT exploit was minor, and OpenAI patched the bug within days of discovery.”

“ this same vulnerability was likely responsible for visibility into payment information for a few hours .”

A warning: “ …if those [inputs] include sensitive data — an organization’s intellectual property or sensitive customer information, for instance — it enters the chatbot library. The user no longer has control over the information.“

Another warning about phish: “ Gone is the poor grammar and odd sentence phrasing that have been the tell-tale sign of a phishing scam. Now, chatbots will mimic native speakers with targeted messages.”

You could get rich: “ [chatgpt offers] a bug bounty of up to $20,000 to anyone who discovers unreported vulnerabilities.”

Oof, didn’t think about this one. Yeah, this will be a problem.

1 Like

Homework ‘help’ company dropped 50% overnight.

Imo, this will damage every form of paid expert advice, in case you’re looking for investment ideas.

Also worth adding that Chegg has (had?) plans to create an app thing, like Shrkeli above. That would take user input and automatically send it to ChatGPT with a little prompt wrapper.

I think ‘prompt engineering’ will be a huge thing. I’ve played with these things a bit, and had a chance to play with a LLM model that is less sophisticated than Chat GPT and train it a bit. Pointing it to the right training data and engineering the appropriate prompts are really critical.

So I suspect a lot of apps and companies will spawn from taking the GPT engine, and then making it really good at doing a thing, and then selling that.

Do you guys use Bing Chat?

A little bit but I don’t like it as much.

Yes, I have heard of a “shower beer.” It is a term used to describe the act of drinking a cold beer while taking a shower. Some people find it to be a refreshing and enjoyable experience. However, it’s important to note that drinking alcohol in the shower can increase the risk of accidents and may not be safe for everyone. It’s always a good idea to drink responsibly and avoid situations that could be dangerous.