Roseanne Barr
Jennifer Coolidge
Joan Rivers

Sacha Baron Cohen
Jason Biggs
Gary Busey
Michael Jackson

Alan Rickman (RIP).

There are a few movies where his character isnā€™t at least tangentially evil, and that is weird to see.

1 Like

Galaxy Quest is probably the only movie where heā€™s part of the ā€œgood guysā€ . . . and was brilliant!

However, I wouldnā€™t quite put him in the ā€œuglyā€ category. I think the worst one can say about his looks (when not ā€œon setā€) is ā€œhomely.ā€

In galaxy quest heā€™s not ā€œevilā€, but heā€™s not nice either. Thatā€™s one I would put in ā€œtangentiallyā€, although just barely. He is really great in that role.

The one Iā€™m thinking of is sense and sensibility. Of course, Iā€™ve never actually watched it all the way through - just parts as my mom watched. Maybe his character is more evil than I think.

But his character develops in a positive manner throughout the movie; something that isnā€™t part of many of the characters heā€™s played before that role.

I agree. Still, the selling point of the character is the grumpiness, which is one reason heā€™s a perfect fit for it.

1 Like

That is one reason why Oscar was my favorite Sesame Street muppet.

3 Likes

See, at least my pick is a guy who was often cast as a romantic lead.

So letā€™s go with people who are often ā€œsoldā€ as attractive that you think are ugly

Steve Buscemi is nobodyā€™s idea of a leading man type

Benedict Cumberwhatever is a very ugly man. I think people hear his accent and forget that somehow?

(Spoiler!!)

No, he is the awesome hero!

Wow, a ā€œhey, smile more!ā€ here.

2 Likes

Nah, his character is the good guy. Heā€™s meant to be less attractive, older, and a bit more awkward than his debonair rival (Greg Wise). But nicer ā€¦ the better guy.

Heh, yep. But I think itā€™s kind of the opposite in that she pouts when sheā€™s posing for pictures and then when she stops pouty pose then sheā€™s more attractive.

So itā€™s not really ā€œstart smilingā€ā€¦ itā€™s ā€œstop poutingā€. AFAICT, her resting face is fine, and way more attractive than her pouty face, which is obviously deliberate.

When people say ā€œsmile moreā€ itā€™s usually a tacit statement that a personā€™s resting face is insufficiently attractive, which isnā€™t what Iā€™m saying about Zendaya at all.

I am so over pouty faces. I donā€™t think theyā€™re sexy looking on like 99.99% of people, including most celebrities. This is a trend that needs to die.

She was in that Super Bowl commercial and I did not recognize her, as I am used to her drug face in Euphoria.

SJP just looks like a horse. A fine looking horse.

1 Like

Tea Leoni.
Big nostrils turn me off

I think the lead singer from Nickelback looks like Animal from the Muppets.

Animal was my favorite Muppet when I was younger.

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve ever heard a Nickelback song.

Is it worth clicking on that?

Is it just a Rick-roll?

Iā€™m not just going to fall for your Canadian crustacean tricks!