Can we let ao fan back in or something

That was only the last straw. She was on thin ice when she made that post. (Thus the comment about consuming so much moderator time.) Honestly, the problem was that a lot of stuff in poor taste was “on brand” for ao_fan. That and that she got into a lot of fights with other posters.

Marcie wasn’t banned.

That’s fair. No reason to post if you don’t enjoy the forum, or find it stressful. Fwiw, the goal of moderation is mostly to reduce user stress. But nothing works perfectly.

Damn I love this answer. Anyone that has worked in service whether bartending, security, whatever knows this kind of customer.

All right, that seems like a more reasonable reason for a banning. Good context.

Ao fan not being here stresses me out.

Kidding aside, it’s absolutely silly for her to not be here.

3 Likes

Yeah I miss her too

2 Likes

Can we ban people who report posts instead?

1 Like

Reported.

1 Like

statement retracted

Facepalms, Fist pumps, Whatever Faces, Don't Care Meters, Angry Faces, Crotch Kicks, Crying Faces, STFU, Deal With It, Derps, Oh Snap, Double Takes, and So On...(NSFW Language Advisory) - Original Trilogy

Disagree.

1 Like
  1. ao fan does not “own a Discord site” (1, you can’t. 2, ao fan didn’t create and doesn’t moderate the server you’re referring to).

2. Discord is essentially a chat room (well, group of chat rooms, similar to old IRC), it’s rather different in practice from a forum. Not for everyone, certainly.

I should check in over there, is she on the one CS started or the one… I think AG started? Was there a third??? I’m on two of them but haven’t been in ages.

I think it’s the CS one

1 Like

I think they meant own as in moderate.

Ive got people thinking I’m mod of a discord sub lol. Maybe I post there too much.

I always thought Discord was for pre-teen and teen boys to curse at each other whilst playing Call of Duty or something.

1 Like

4Chan v2.0?

2 Likes

That’s probably its primary purpose, but we made good use of it at the Nashville Potacular a few years ago.

1 Like

I don’t see how that’s materially different from what we do here, lol.

2 Likes

ao fan doesn’t moderate in CS’s Discord either. And since CS rarely goes into his own Discord it’s basically unmoderated, yet seems to mostly work fine in spite of that.

That said, I miss her posting here.

4 Likes

Fondly recall the days of IRC and creating chat bots.