Bridge: Up for a challenge?

Close is the order of the day. I win the regular challenge with +23.25, by 0.25. I tie AA 15-15. Both reissued

ETA: And close again today. I beat procrastinator by 3, 5-2.

I win the declare-only with 63.28%, by 8.59%. I only got 13 boards into the match with NN. Both reissued.

procrastinator wins the regular challenge with +14.50, by 1.00. AA beats me by (a sedate 31-30 match). Both reissued.

ETA: lose to procrastinator by 2. Reissued

From the Sunday daylong. Strange analysis of black suit lengths

Another, even stranger, same event. West has 3 suits of at least 5 cards

NN wins the declare-only with 61.98%, the only score about 50%. I beat NN by 24 in a match with 13 pushes. Both reissued

I win the regular challenge with +16.75, by 3.75. I beat AA by 14. Both reissued.

ETA: Lose to procrastinator by 10. Reissued

Oops. Screwed up and missed deadline for declare-only. Unsure, but probably didn’t play any boards. So I have no idea who won.

I beat NN by 23 in the 2-way. Both reissued.

thek won with a very narrow positive score. Looks like you played 13 boards, and likely were in the lead before you adjourned. The four reported scores were
51.30%
49.74%
49.22%
40.36%

procrastinator wins a low-scoring regular challenge with +7.75, by 2.25. AA beats me by 4. Both reissued

ETA: I beat procrastinator by 19 in a match that by mistake was created for only 8 boards. Reissued (16 boards)

NN wins the declare-only with 60.94%, by 5.47%. I beat NN by 9. Both reissued.

Biggest win I can remember for NN in the regular group challenge: +45.69, by 42.36. Reissued

(I decided to see how he racked up such a high score. His biggest gain was board 4, where he bid a made a vul game. Maybe a reasonable bid, vul, but it should have no play as the cards lie, and made only because his LHO made what looks to me like an insane play at trick 2. No way it could be right.)

Win by 25 vs procrastinator. 14 of them when his CHO thought it was a good idea to pass 1H XX with this hand.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 9.58.52 PM
Big win for me when 1H XX made. I was expecting to lose when on a different auction I made a slightly conservative pass of 2S, vulnerable, but my diamond Jxx and club ace were enough to make 5. (You would want to be in 4, not 5; a diamond ruff would often beat 5. 4 spades always cold.) Reissued

NN wins the declare-only with 57.03%, by 3.90%. I beat NN by 10. Both reissued

oirg wins the regular challenge with +28.75, by 16.75. I beat AA by 7. Both reissued

ETA: I beat procrastinator by 5, despite blundering and throwing away an easy vul game. Reissued

I win the declare-only with 57.81%, by 4.68%. I lose to NN by 19. Both reissued.

I win the regular challenge with +11.41, by 4.25. I lose to AA by 15. Both reissued

ETA: I lose to procrastinator by 30. Reissued

NN wins the declare-only with 63.28%, by 7.03%. NN beats me by 9, on a hand that confirms the accuracy of my general rule on bidding grands: don’t bid a grand if the other table might not even be in a small slam. Here 6S is cold (barring a ruff on opening lead, missing only 4 clubs). 7S or 7C is on a finesse.

NN’s in 7, making, but I’m only in 4 (much more CHO’s fault than mine, IMO). So he won the match only because the heart hook worked, but would have won it whatever happened in hearts had he stopped in 6.

Both reissued.

I win the regular challenge with +22.25 by 17.50 . I beat AA by 19. Both reissued.

ETA: lose to procrastinator by 10. Reissued

I win the declare-only with 63.28%, by 10.15%. Despite declaring well in that, I lose to NN by 5 when I lose 6 by butchering the play in a 2 spade contract. Will reissue them tomorrow evening since I might not have time to play them by Sunday.

Most likely all the current ones will get a 1 day lag before reissuing, and likely some lags after that, too. Any of you could always issue 2-way challenges against each other.